2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
The most reliable serious offroader made.
By jimmybuffett on 02/20/14 09:20 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a '99 Wrangler that was a piece of junk. The new Jeeps aren't that much better. I moved to Colorado for offroading and bought an FJ. Lifted, rock armor, winch, roof rack, the works. This truck is a tank. It goes everywhere I want with no reliability or performance issues. On-road performance is nice too because of the independent front suspension (the Jeep is still a solid front axle). I can beat this truck up for 7 hours on Chinaman Gulch near Buena Vista then set the cruise to 70 MPH while driving home on US 285 and do so in comfort. This is why the FJ is the #1 resale value vehicle in the country, I have no idea why they can only sell 13K of them a year.

Great Ride
By markm109 on 12/22/11 10:37 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2011 FJ Cruiser early spring and have put almost 9,000 miles on it to date. Coming from a 2002 4Runner, the FJ is a lot more roomy and comfortable. I live on a dirt road and the FJ glides over the rough sections giving a very smooth, quiet and comfortable ride - better than my wife's 2011 Subaru Outback. My FJ has the upgraded sound system with sub in back - great sound and way too loud if I turn it up. The FJ has handled everything I've asked of it without issue. MPG running around 19 city, 21 highway at 75-80 mph. I have had no issues with it and don't expect to if it is like all the other Toyota's I've owned. My one improvement would be a power roll down rear window.

FJ Bruiser
By korben97 on 12/11/11 07:39 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have the Trail Team Edition and love it. I get looks and comments on it all the time. I have around 5,000 miles on it and so far it has done what I expected. It rides great, has one of the best stereos I have ever heard, and feels like it could go over anything. The engine has great power and good low end grunt.

LOVE IT!
By osullivan1 on 11/06/11 14:53 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. My favorite one yet. Drives great and is great off road. Stereo is really good too. I have the Trail Teams Edition one and get a lot of comments on how it looks. Its a lot of fun to own and my 3 dogs all over 95 lbs seem to love it too.

What a cool ride!
By wartowne on 10/22/11 08:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a loaded 2011 Iceberg white 4x4. My whole family loves the FJ. My kids say that it would make a great Transformer! I agree...We came up with the name 'Brutus.' There really isn't anything to not love about the FJ. It's super rugged, capable of tackling the street or offroad, and doing it with finesse. The interior is rugged and simple. I don't have any visibilty complaints, though without the back up camera, it would be tricky. Power seems to be about right, and fuel economy is excellent. Higher RPMs do sound a little harsh. Build quality is fantastic and I love the crash test results. It's like you're driving a tank.

Waste of Money
By sakil on 06/22/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

#1 - Engine lake power . #2- You can not see the radio display during the day time .Have no idea what station you listening to. #3- The back camera poorly build , and to little.hardly can see an object. #4- One power supply for the whole car? #5 -Toyota customer experience fail to offer a solution to the problem. regret buy an FJ Cursor , after less than 1200 miles. #6- The wind shield poorly design , it catches every flying object.

Just got my 2nd one
By fjbob on 04/01/11 08:20 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2007 Silver manual FJ and absolutely loved it! 2 weeks ago we were in an accident on I95 where we were hit from behind and then swerved and smashed head-on into the concrete barrier (ever see the insurance industry/gov't crash tests with the crash test dummies? - that was us) at around 60 mph. I came out w/o a scratch; my wife & kid had some buising and a couple broken ribs, but overall very well off.The truck was totalled, but we walked away from the accident - very impressive!I just got a brand new 2011 model to repalce it (Brick Red).If you want a fun, tough, and safe vehicle, this is definately it. I truly believe that my 1st FJ saved us very serious injury or even our lives!

I am 52 and look for excuses to drive my FJ
By tom522 on 03/27/11 06:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well it is still brand new, so only can say limited, but this is my 8000 mile report, just drove thru a tough winter and this thing was the easiest thing I have ever seen in deep snow. I would go out after a huge storm and people stuck all over and it just seemed weird because it was SO easy. You just cant help getting the feeling of a very well built truck. I feel like a kid in a way, I keep driving down dirt roads looking for a hill to climb over. Its actually pretty quite, unless going highspeed on x-way. You get a FJ Cruiser if you want easy. Easy in the snow, easy on the ice, easy off road, easy around town.

A Comfortable Beast
By joef5 on 03/25/11 09:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, you only buy one of these if your looking for a all terrain vehicle, this is what it’s for and this is what is does very well. I have done sand dunes, and 2 feet of snow with ease. I am amazed at some of these reviews, Jesus. I am not going to complain about a chevy 4 cyl that’s gets lots of MPG because it cant fit 8 people, and I am not going to complain about a Rubicon 4X4 because its not a luxury ride, there are different cars and trucks for different things. The FJ Cruiser is a all terrain vehicle that’s very capable of normal driving, its quiet, its dependable, I know people with over 100,000 miles without one problem and it will go ANYWHERE you want. You just feel safe in it.

Very rugged and sturdy
By Jim1947 on 03/01/11 06:35 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its a 2011, I can only say so much, ask me in 10 years, but in a few thousand miles, it has tackled all sorts of big snow storms, it has pulled out a few larger vehicles, it warms up quick, you just feel like your driving in a very sturdy truck, but much smoother. I keep pressing the issue in how much it can do, and it has not failed yet, done some off roading, I have the 4X4 with the off road pkg, that does make a difference, between work and not owning it for years yet, my off roading has been limited, its quiet on freeway unless your over 75 and sometimes if a strong wind is hitting you from another direction, the radio is good

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Suv in VA is:

$99 per month*