Used 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Great Truck!
By fauxarmy

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the FJ used with around 9K and have put about 18K on it myself. Excellent, is about all I can say. It's what the FJCruiserForum folks refer to as the 2011 NSSE (not so special edition; check out threads if you want to know more). It did come with several amenities such as rack, JBL system plus woofer, TRD wheels and cat-back, TRD air-filter, auxiliary lights on bumper and roof air-dam, locking rear diff, and A-TRAC traction control; it's the army green version top & bottom (like the TT version). Drives extremely well on and off-road. I owned and loved my 2006 Nissan Xterra, but the FJ is twice the vehicle.

Smooth off-road driving and awesome off-road manners. I love the look of it, and so do a lot of other folks.

A diesel-engine option would have been nice, and greater fuel capacity.

The most reliable serious offroader made.
By jimmybuffett

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a '99 Wrangler that was a piece of junk. The new Jeeps aren't that much better. I moved to Colorado for offroading and bought an FJ. Lifted, rock armor, winch, roof rack, the works. This truck is a tank. It goes everywhere I want with no reliability or performance issues. On-road performance is nice too because of the independent front suspension (the Jeep is still a solid front axle). I can beat this truck up for 7 hours on Chinaman Gulch near Buena Vista then set the cruise to 70 MPH while driving home on US 285 and do so in comfort. This is why the FJ is the #1 resale value vehicle in the country, I have no idea why they can only sell 13K of them a year.

Toyota reliability, short wheelbase, high clearance. You should see the places I've been in mine: Lead King Basin, Imogene Pass, Tincup Pass, Mt. Antero, Red Cone Pass. The list goes on and on. I have the 2011 Trail Teams, dark green with the matching roof all blacked out and get lots of compliments on it. It cleans up well for the city life and then gets dirty on the weekends. Great storage space in the rear, if you need more storage upgrade the roof rack (I have a Gobi stealth).

Doesn't matter, it's discontinued in 2014. Wish it came with navi/entune like the 4Runner and Tacoma.

Great Ride
By markm109

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2011 FJ Cruiser early spring and have put almost 9,000 miles on it to date. Coming from a 2002 4Runner, the FJ is a lot more roomy and comfortable. I live on a dirt road and the FJ glides over the rough sections giving a very smooth, quiet and comfortable ride - better than my wife's 2011 Subaru Outback. My FJ has the upgraded sound system with sub in back - great sound and way too loud if I turn it up. The FJ has handled everything I've asked of it without issue. MPG running around 19 city, 21 highway at 75-80 mph. I have had no issues with it and don't expect to if it is like all the other Toyota's I've owned. My one improvement would be a power roll down rear window.

Everything. Lacks nothing I need. Great leg room for tall drivers.

Roll down rear window - workaround is opening the window and placing a spring snap hook between the window and lock.

FJ Bruiser
By korben97

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have the Trail Team Edition and love it. I get looks and comments on it all the time. I have around 5,000 miles on it and so far it has done what I expected. It rides great, has one of the best stereos I have ever heard, and feels like it could go over anything. The engine has great power and good low end grunt.

Stereo (streaming Blue Tooth), Ride, Overall Look, 4x4 features. BF Goodrich All Terrain Tires.

Better lumbar support. More power points. Have rear windows able to be rolled down. More leg room in back. Make stereo easier to read in bright sun.

LOVE IT!
By osullivan1

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. My favorite one yet. Drives great and is great off road. Stereo is really good too. I have the Trail Teams Edition one and get a lot of comments on how it looks. Its a lot of fun to own and my 3 dogs all over 95 lbs seem to love it too.

Rugged, great space for my 3 dogs, looks good.

Leather seats