It's not for everybody, but its for me!!
By sodes on
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I purchase a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser in the spring of 2009 after suffering through another Chicago Winter with my Honda Accord. Two tires and rims at a cost of nearly $1000 after hitting a few potholes prompted my decision. Also, I needed a vehicle to pull my snowmobiles and our small lexus RX350 was just barely up for the task. Having put nearly 40K on the truck since I purchased it I can honestly say that there is nothing the city can throw at me that it can't take. This recent February the Blizzard of 2011 dropped nearly 20" of snow in 24 hours. With stock tires this truck blasted through drifts up to the hood, through rutted tracks upto the doors with ease, just keep on the gas..
Favorite Features
Goes through anything and sand, Silver Lakes Sand Dunes 2010... 20" of snow Chicago Blizzard of 2011 and the floods of 2010 in Chivcago... Pulls a trailer effortlessly rain, and water up to the doors....Smooth on the hightway. Adaptive throttle doesn't continually downshift which is better than our lexus.. Great power, for 2010 they tweaked the hp up, but torque down, probably for marketing Headroom for giants!!
Suggested Improvements
I Ziebarted the supsension after seeing some FJ's frame rusting...$99 dollars.. Also, applied 3m protectice film on vulnerable chip-prone areas at cost of 135...No chips or rust at 42K, really!!! Could get better insulation in ceiling when in high wind. Why did I have to buy a passanger side armrest...that's just stupid.. Class up sub-woofer in rear, looks cheap like walmart chinnese made crap, sound good though!!!??