2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Review: No problems at 50k miles

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Review

No problems at 50k miles
By mikkeb on

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota, and I bought it new, a 2010 Trail Teams Edition. After 50K miles, I have not had to repair anything. In fact, there isn't even a rattle or squeak. I have taken it off road and it has performed well. There are negatives about the vehicle, but you should know them before you buy. The vehicle has blind spots, not because there aren't enough windows to see the vehicles, it is because the vehicle is so tall, that most passenger cars are below the view of the window. Remember, this vehicle was designed for off-road, and ground clearance is important. A couple cheap convex mirrors cures this problem. The gas mileage is average for an SUV, but this is obvious too.

reliability, resale value, fun to drive, great off-road, stock stereo with woofer sounds good for us non audiophiles, plenty of power,

I wish it had illuminated door lock and window switches. I wish it had adjustable lumbar support.