2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Review: Fun to drive, cool to own

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Fun to drive, cool to own
By Charles on

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since getting rid of my Wrangler (with the anticipation of a second child), I didn't have a great deal of choices for a good off-road SUV that would accommodate them. Enter the FJ and the 4- door Wrangler. I love the style of the Wrangler but that's where it ends. Safety #1, Power and Fuel Economy #2, Capabilites #3, and Amenities #4 all point toward the FJ. It wins in every category. The FJ is powerful, drives great, and is styled differently enough to stand out in a sea of 4-Runners and Xterras. I have two small girls and we get around in it great. True, it has less back seat room than my wife's RX 330 but it is adequate. What is given up in some area is more than made up for in others.

Style, new color for 2010 (Army Green), rugged interior, command seating, back- up camera, parking sonar, audio system, hands-free Blue Tooth, and go-anywhere capabilities (4-wheel drive, locking rear diff). Transmission is dialed-in perfectly.

More aux power outlets (Really Toyota? ONE outlet?). Lid on center console (for security).