Used 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Fj
By Cliff Wheeler

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Simply Amazing
By mx1o0o

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Now with almost 30000 miles on the clock, my FJ is perfect. Bought it from new, and it cost next to nothing to maintain. The only issue here in a hot country, is that the tires seem to let go easily. Already changed them 3 times, and now this is the 4th time, although i did not run it for long. going for the huge BFGoodriches this time, for better on/off road experience. I advise anyone who is looking for a real off-roader + comfy cruiser to buy it.

Exhaust sound / Engine performance

No problems at 50k miles, UPDATE at 90K
By mikkeb

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota, and I bought it new, a 2010 Trail Teams Edition.
After 50K miles, I have not had to repair anything.
In fact, there isn't even a rattle or squeak.
I have taken it off road and it has performed well.
There are negatives about the vehicle, but you should know them before you buy.
The vehicle has blind spots, not because there aren't enough windows to see the vehicles, it is because the vehicle is so tall, that most passenger cars are below the view of the window.
Remember, this vehicle was designed for off-road, and ground clearance is important.
A couple cheap convex mirrors cures this problem.
The gas mileage is average for an SUV,
but this is obvious too.

UPDATE at 90k miles. No problems or complaints to discuss. No mechanical problems of any kind.

Best Decision
By shubbs

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Camry Hybrid in for my FJ and have no regrets.
My decision was simply because I needed something that can tote hockey gear one weekend, camping the next, take the dogs and boys to the beach and than a nice trip antique shopping.
Wish I had my FJ when my boys were younger and spilling their red slushes and smashing food on the floor.
They are a little older now and don't care climbing in and out of the back seat.
We have a 4runner, z71 and a cj5 and the FJ is the one we take for family outtings.
I was learning towards a Sequoia at first, but found it to be too fancy and I wanted something that can get dirty and clean up easy.

One of my favorite features is, no carpet! Normally after a day of hiking, I have to spend a good hour vacuming the mud and sand out. 3 windshield wipers is just cool and worth a mention. It is not high tech, but we don't care; I navigation systems, bluetooths and DVD players annoying and a waste of money. We had them in previous vehicles and never used them.

Sunroof would be a fun option, additional av adaptors for all the gatchets, one doesn't cut it. Center console have a lid! Vanity mirrors with lights.

It's not for everybody, but its for me!!
By sodes

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser in the spring of 2009 after suffering through another Chicago Winter with my Honda Accord.
Two tires and rims at a cost of nearly $1000 after hitting a few potholes prompted my decision.
Also, I needed a vehicle to pull my snowmobiles and our small lexus RX350 was just barely up for the task.
Having put nearly 40K on the truck since I purchased it I can honestly say that there is nothing the city can throw at me that it can't take.
This recent February the Blizzard of 2011 dropped nearly 20" of snow in 24 hours.
With stock tires this truck blasted through drifts up to the hood, through rutted tracks upto the doors with ease, just keep on the gas..

Goes through anything and sand, Silver Lakes Sand Dunes 2010... 20" of snow Chicago Blizzard of 2011 and the floods of 2010 in Chivcago... Pulls a trailer effortlessly rain, and water up to the doors....Smooth on the hightway. Adaptive throttle doesn't continually downshift which is better than our lexus.. Great power, for 2010 they tweaked the hp up, but torque down, probably for marketing Headroom for giants!!

I Ziebarted the supsension after seeing some FJ's frame rusting...$99 dollars.. Also, applied 3m protectice film on vulnerable chip-prone areas at cost of 135...No chips or rust at 42K, really!!! Could get better insulation in ceiling when in high wind. Why did I have to buy a passanger side armrest...that's just stupid.. Class up sub-woofer in rear, looks cheap like walmart chinnese made crap, sound good though!!!??