2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
Simply Amazing
By mx1o0o on 08/24/14 01:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Now with almost 30000 miles on the clock, my FJ is perfect. Bought it from new, and it cost next to nothing to maintain. The only issue here in a hot country, is that the tires seem to let go easily. Already changed them 3 times, and now this is the 4th time, although i did not run it for long. going for the huge BFGoodriches this time, for better on/off road experience. I advise anyone who is looking for a real off-roader + comfy cruiser to buy it.

No problems at 50k miles
By mikkeb on 10/02/13 15:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota, and I bought it new, a 2010 Trail Teams Edition. After 50K miles, I have not had to repair anything. In fact, there isn't even a rattle or squeak. I have taken it off road and it has performed well. There are negatives about the vehicle, but you should know them before you buy. The vehicle has blind spots, not because there aren't enough windows to see the vehicles, it is because the vehicle is so tall, that most passenger cars are below the view of the window. Remember, this vehicle was designed for off-road, and ground clearance is important. A couple cheap convex mirrors cures this problem. The gas mileage is average for an SUV, but this is obvious too.

Best Decision
By shubbs on 03/09/11 07:11 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Camry Hybrid in for my FJ and have no regrets. My decision was simply because I needed something that can tote hockey gear one weekend, camping the next, take the dogs and boys to the beach and than a nice trip antique shopping. Wish I had my FJ when my boys were younger and spilling their red slushes and smashing food on the floor. They are a little older now and don't care climbing in and out of the back seat. We have a 4runner, z71 and a cj5 and the FJ is the one we take for family outtings. I was learning towards a Sequoia at first, but found it to be too fancy and I wanted something that can get dirty and clean up easy.

It's not for everybody, but its for me!!
By sodes on 02/20/11 10:38 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase a 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser in the spring of 2009 after suffering through another Chicago Winter with my Honda Accord. Two tires and rims at a cost of nearly $1000 after hitting a few potholes prompted my decision. Also, I needed a vehicle to pull my snowmobiles and our small lexus RX350 was just barely up for the task. Having put nearly 40K on the truck since I purchased it I can honestly say that there is nothing the city can throw at me that it can't take. This recent February the Blizzard of 2011 dropped nearly 20" of snow in 24 hours. With stock tires this truck blasted through drifts up to the hood, through rutted tracks upto the doors with ease, just keep on the gas..

Best Toyota I've owned yet
By mshw on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving Toyota's since college. Original Toyota truck, 4Runner, Highlander, 96' Tacoma; you get the picture. But, the FJ is by far my favorite Toyota that I've owned over the past 20 years. Unique styling, excellent power, good interior that's very forgiving to active lifestyles, and comfortable ride. Gas mileage is fair but it's a real SUV, not a wannabe. And for the so called "blind spots", 2 small blind spot mirrors work like a charm!

Fun and quirky
By Raider on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In spite of some minor design issues, the FJ is the best do-it-all, purpose built SUV on the market. If you don't need/want 4 full doors and don't routinely haul adult back seat passengers, it is extremely comfortable and spacious. It is absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned for off road performance and handles winter road conditions with ease (I have had three jeeps - no comparison). The blind spot issue has received too much attention. If you know how to use rear/side mirrors you will not have a problem. Wind noise is surprising low in spite of cool "rolling brick" aerodynamics. Bullet-proof engine and transmission. Interior is simple and controls are well thought out. FUN!

Best Rig Ever!
By Big Johnny on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome Vehicle! Drove all the competitors and this one outshines them all. Have had it up the Cascade Mountains already and gave the 4H, 4L, and All-Trac a workout. Great handling off road and on. Visibility is not an issue and the rear seat access is not a problem. Fun to drive all around.

Back to Toyota
By Papa G on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just got the FJ. I had a Land Cruiser about 10 years ago and regret selling it. Haven't had it in the dirt or snow yet and can't wait to do so. It's great on the road, you forget you're in a serious 4X4. The rear view camera helps with the blind spots when parking. My wife spent her teen years off roading and she is eager to get the FJ dirty. It's a challenge with the doors and our two boys. But the 12 year old isn't complaining as he will take this car over when he is 18. Safe and solid, we will sleep better knowing he will be in the FJ. Now who's got my old Land Cruiser? Can I have it back please? I miss it a little less now that I have this creature.

Not for everyone
By MABNY on 08/25/10 09:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Let's be realistic for a moment; this is a vehicle designed with a specific type of person in mind. This person will probably fold the back seats down and never unfold them again (or just remove them completely). The FJ Cruiser is a sport utility vehicle, as SUVs were intended to be, designed to access a favorite fishing hole, cart a deer carcass home for dressing, or carry a roof-top-tent to the top of a mountain. It is not the over-grown station wagon that the modern SUV has come to be. The FJ Cruiser has a cult following of outdoor enthusiasts, eccentrics and adventurers who's definition of practicality doesn't involve DVD players, electric folding third rows, and "a car-like ride".

2010 fj very good
By walker on 08/07/10 18:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Only have 1000 miles since new but so far this vehicle is great. Quiet, built very strong under vehicle, fully box welded frame, large transfer case, big drive shafts, 2010 has more horsepower and you can feel it. Very comfortable up front seating for all day rides, nothing compares to it. Also 2010 uses reg unleaded.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser in VA is:

$114 per month*