2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Review: Not your average SUV

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Review

Not your average SUV
By DIKKINS on

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The FJ cruiser is like buying a prom dress, It has a specific purpose and no other vehicle does it as well. I have driven this vehicle 6000 miles in 3 months, 2/3 on the highway and 1/3 off road. It has no real equal off road, and is very good on the road. I have no qualms about about driving just about anywhere. It goes through heavy snow, fields, mud and on superhighways with ease. I purchase a more aggressive tire than the standard ones it came with and would advise this if you're going off road or in snow. This vehicle is solid, and seems more like a truck than the average SUV. The joy of this vehicle is that it will take you easily where others will not go and do it with ease.

Favorite Features

The solid feel, the powerful engine, the rugged build and exterior styling. The way it handles off the road and the great reliability of a well built Toyota. I have had off road contest with a Jeep Rubicon and bested it every time.

Suggested Improvements

A little more window space in the rear. Improved gas mileage, and a front window that is not so vertical. I use premium fuel, get 16 MPG around town , and 21 on the highway using cruise control. I don't measure fuel use off the road, since lots time is spent driving in 4 wheel drive and idling.