2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Review: Great Toy

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV - Consumer Review

Great Toy
By Kurt on

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this SUV, fun to drive, goes anywhere. I call it a 2 passenger gas hog though. My only complaint is the back seat, it is to small for a lot of adults, not easy to get in and out of. The flip side is I will never see a soccer mom with car seats in the back driving one. I take it off road whenever I get the chance. I have only had it high centered once but it blasted its way out eventually. Could use serious tires for off-roading. It rides like a car with the factory tires. I added lambskin seat covers from Costco and they are great over the stiff factory seats. If you like fun and don't care about hauling many people get one. I have all the performance extras and get 15-16 MPG.

Favorite Features

Performance, pull off the shoulder of a highway and then back on. Keep it floored to about 80, it is scary (find an empty highway). I have the performance exhaust and cold air intake. It likes Premium but runs fine w/o it.

Suggested Improvements

Little larger cargo area. Button inside to release back window. Lid on the console instead of open hole.