2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Review: FJ, best all around family veh

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV - Consumer Review

FJ, best all around family vehicle
By Jami S on

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since 2007 I had been looking at the FJ but was not willing to pay the price. I read reviews and did my research for nearly a year. I love this vehicle. It drives great, handles great for the vehicle type, and it has very good power to get up & go. It is a very capable off-road vehicle. I have had it off-road on some rough trails and the FJ performed like a champ. Visibility is not that bad and it is something you can get adjusted to. The suspension is nice a tight and provides plenty of confidence on the road. Also, regular unleaded fuel is acceptable to use. My dealership stated this and so does Toyota. Gas mileage is not bad considering. Plenty of room for a family of 5 on any occasion.

The ability to fit all 3 of our kids in the rear seat with car seats and still have room. I love the sunfusion yellow and the TRD wheels with BFG T/A ko tires. The base stereo is pretty good with the addition of a sub and some speakers in the rear cargo area. That will surround you with sound.

Map lights would be nice. A locking glove box. A retracting rear window and/or pop out windows on the side in the rear. Stereo controls on the steering wheel and leather wrapped wheel for all models. Our only complaint, the difficulty in getting in & out with 3 kids when parking but we've adjusted.