Always wanted offroad
By Great Deal on
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I've wanted the FJ after the 1st one I saw. And after getting it, I love it. I do a lot of off roading and with a just few add-ons its ready to go. I don't have kids and don't think I would have gotten if I did. For me, the wife and a couple of dogs, its all I need. The interior is great for clean up. I got the all weather mats and it's just a spay down with the hose to clean. The big 4.0L V6 has the power I need off roading or blowing away the "on the phone soccer mom" on the road. It does go through the fuel and you may want to bring some extra on those long trips to the middle of nowhere. There is plenty of head room which has been a problem for me in the past.
Favorite Features
I'm not driving a "me too" vehicle. There are very few on the road compared to most autos. The power, nice stereo and I can plug in my iPhone and have my music where ever I go.
Suggested Improvements
I'm sure that Toyota can come up with a powerful engine that can get better mileage. If Ford and GM are building them, I expect lots more from Asia manufacturers.