Used 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Excellent Vehicle
By mjr88car

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

A great SUV for the money. Bought it for the Toyota quality and reliability and wanted the best 4x4. I have the manual with full time four wheel drive and my mileage is consistently 21-23 hwy and 19 city. Solid, fun to drive, and it does grow on you. I put on 2 blind spot mirrors which do help a lot. However I find that all the hype about the poor rear view is nonsense anyway. If you know how to drive it's no problem. I fish in Canada and have gotten stuck with my old domestic 4x4 (don't know how they can call them true 4x4s). I finally bought something that will get me in/ out of less than poor road and landing conditions. Love the VSC and traction control. I rarely ever lock everything in.

Ability to lock center and rear diff.

Obviously mpg, I know they have the technology. Mud guard or something to keep debris from being flung forward onto sides and doors. Nicer arm rests.

NeeCee's Cruiser
By NeeCee

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I work out of my automobiles and had driven a Honda CRV for the past 5 years. It was time for a new vehicle and I had decided to buy another Honda. The night before I went to buy it I was on the computer researching cars and read the reports on the FJ Cruiser. I decided to go and give it a test drive that next morning. Thank goodness I did. I knew the minute I drove it this was the SUV for me. I love it! I have only had it for a short time but it feels safe and I love the way it handles. Oh, did I tell you how great I think it looks?

Everything!

I would love for it to have back doors that open like the front ones.

The Best Choice For A Real SUV 4x4!!!
By Marianne

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I looked for 3 months at SUVs and I always came back to the fj. It was big purchase for me because I wanted a vehicle that was going to be truly reliable and not in the repair shop all the time and I have worked previous at 2 GM dealerships, even all my mechanic friends give it 2 thumbs up! I've driven in some pretty crazy 4x4 zones with it and it's performed excellent, and a truly fun truck to drive. I don't find the blind spot a big deal and everyone that has sat in the backseat has found it easy to enter and exit. I would suggest to all, to take one for a test drive. They grow on you... they are a different driving experience and different is good from the norm.

I love the suicide doors, easy access. The stereo is great..it's neat how you can change the colours on the display panel. The interior is so easy to keep clean and the cargo area door lock feature (for wind) is awesome. I love the windshield washer vessel.. it's huge. My #1 is the Balanced Engine!!!

The windshield does chip easily.

FJ SUV bargain, high quality construction
By m jones

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I finally got my FJ and it has been all I expected and more, very civilized ride and comfort, yet ruggedly constructed, and all this for under $30k, I love it!

Rugged over all construction and easy maintenance, wall to wall rubber flooring a dream to campers and off roaders cleans up in a jiffy!

LOVE IT!!!!
By Jmatz

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Takes a bit getting used to the blind spots. Love the car to the max! Fun to drive, 4X4 is really nice. Have a friend with a Jeep Wrangler and goes toe to toe off road with it and is much more practical. A few things I would improve would be the seats do not have a forward track for the people getting into the back seat. You have to manually move it forward from the front. The rear windows do not go down. Does not seem like a big deal, but the wind whips through the truck like crazy. Last thing would be the back window would be nice if it would go down like with the 4 runner. But all in all I would highly recommend this vehicle!! BUY IT!

Stereo, 4x4, ground clearance, looks.