Used 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

The Best Choice For A Real SUV 4x4!!!
By Marianne

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I looked for 3 months at SUVs and I always came back to the fj. It was big purchase for me because I wanted a vehicle that was going to be truly reliable and not in the repair shop all the time and I have worked previous at 2 GM dealerships, even all my mechanic friends give it 2 thumbs up! I've driven in some pretty crazy 4x4 zones with it and it's performed excellent, and a truly fun truck to drive. I don't find the blind spot a big deal and everyone that has sat in the backseat has found it easy to enter and exit. I would suggest to all, to take one for a test drive. They grow on you... they are a different driving experience and different is good from the norm.

I love the suicide doors, easy access. The stereo is great..it's neat how you can change the colours on the display panel. The interior is so easy to keep clean and the cargo area door lock feature (for wind) is awesome. I love the windshield washer vessel.. it's huge. My #1 is the Balanced Engine!!!

The windshield does chip easily.

FJ SUV bargain, high quality construction
By m jones

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I finally got my FJ and it has been all I expected and more, very civilized ride and comfort, yet ruggedly constructed, and all this for under $30k, I love it!

Rugged over all construction and easy maintenance, wall to wall rubber flooring a dream to campers and off roaders cleans up in a jiffy!

LOVE IT!!!!
By Jmatz

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Takes a bit getting used to the blind spots. Love the car to the max! Fun to drive, 4X4 is really nice. Have a friend with a Jeep Wrangler and goes toe to toe off road with it and is much more practical. A few things I would improve would be the seats do not have a forward track for the people getting into the back seat. You have to manually move it forward from the front. The rear windows do not go down. Does not seem like a big deal, but the wind whips through the truck like crazy. Last thing would be the back window would be nice if it would go down like with the 4 runner. But all in all I would highly recommend this vehicle!! BUY IT!

Stereo, 4x4, ground clearance, looks.

MPG - 20+
By new owner

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought my FJ a couple weeks ago. I'm getting 20+ MPG. I drive conservatively (coasting in neutral when I can), taking off slow and planning for stops ahead of time - right now, I'm getting better than the advertised MPG (25% city driving). It's a pleasure to drive and very comfortable. The only problem is getting into the back seat - Toyota should have provided some kind of handle to help pull yourself into the back seating area (my youngest struggles to get back there, clawing at anything she can to help herself in).

MPG - 20+ and climbing

better entry to rear seating area

Joe's FJ Ride
By Joe's Ride

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fun to drive, off road 4X4. Built like a tank however, the ride is good. 20 MPG in city driving, not bad! Have the TRD exhaust and not sure it does anything for the performance? But it sound good! Have been using regular gas and only notice a slight loss of power. Engine on a synthetic diet now that I have 9000 miles on it.

Engine operation and low end power. Although not used yet, rear locked will be put to the test this fall in Arizona, Sedona area.

Had to replace the R. Trail OEM tires (junk) with Mich. T/A 2, a much better riding tire. Windshield needs attention as it chips on even the small rocks. Front locker

• SUV