2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
Fun
By Rodger on 03/21/08 23:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this last week and drove it 5 hours to San Diego. This is far more comfortable than I thought it would be. This car gets a lot of looks. I had it raised 6 inches and it looks amazing.

FJ 4x2
By kanayon on 03/19/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

PROS: fun to drive, performs best with premium gas, retro styling. CONS: inconvenient suicide doors, limited rearward visibility but over-all styling is A+, notwithstanding above-mentioned negatives.

Great all-round vehicle
By Jim on 03/03/08 05:02 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Was hooked after my first drive. Handles very well for what it is. Getting about 18mpg by keeping my foot "out of it". Should get better mileage on the highway. Installed a K&N air filter and use Mobil 1 synthetic oil. The motor seems strong and is always willing to rev. It's easily handling the current No. Indiana winter. No problem, from mushy slush, to blowing thru drifted-over county roads. It tracks and runs well. Could use better visibility but you'll learn to drive with the mirrors. Ventilation could be better. Having a small issue with the paint job on the hood. I do plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time as it feels strong and has a basically good build design. I like it.

Classic Reliable Ride
By rayboy on 02/12/08 18:51 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drive 4-700 miles per week as a field representative in W NY. I want to drive a safe reliable powerful fun vehicle as opposed to the standard issue company car. This FJ Cruiser received a 5 star rating (best rating available) for frontal crash test. It also received a 4 star rating for side impact crash test. The 4wd option works great on my icy hill. Unlike some of the 4wds I've owned, this FJ allows me to engage/disengage the 4wd therefore allowing me to save money on gas, 20mpg. This FJ also has a 5000 lb towing capacity which is more than enough to tow my 3000 boat. The ride is unbelievably smooth and powerful with the 4.0 L 6cylinder engine.No carpet/easy clean interior!

Cool Mini Truck
By Rockn' Ride on 01/07/08 18:05 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck, it's fun to drive, has great performance, kickin' stereo and looks real cool.

Love
By Sbw on 01/02/08 10:57 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just got it and I'm in love! The very first thing I noticed was the blind spots but I will deal since I have the rear sensors. Mine is loaded and it's perfect! I was surprised at how smooth and comfortable it is. I can't wait to get it off the road!

Not Your Average SUV
By Randy Vorster on 12/27/07 20:00 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you plan to go off-roading opt for the All Terrain Pkg. It comes w/ very nice 16" wheels (diff look from the 17"), great shocks, locking diff, A- trac, pre-cleaner & multi-info display. I ordered the TRD exhaust which I think is a plus, cool ellipse tip and sound. It came with blk running boards which will not work as rock rails, but will save you from car- level door dings. Ride quality is great for a 4x4. We have gone on fun adventures and seen things that would have required some serious hiking. With the right mind-set the FJ will make a great primary vehicle. As a 2nd vehicle to our German sedan we could not be happier. Hard to imagine the sedan is now a 2nd choice when driving to work!

Still Smiling
By Tain Utah on 11/13/07 16:07 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 4th 4X4 I have owned and none of them have been this much fun. I have only put 1800 miles on my FJC but they have been great miles. My wife drove it the 120 miles home from the dealer but all the rest are mine. I have traveled the far reaches of the western Utah desert and the close reaches of the Buckhorn draw desert. I have gone up hills and over terrain that I have never been in an SUV, only a honda 4 wheeler. The heater and music are a lot better than the 4 wheeler. I enjoy the music even the woofer for a 48 yr old, Never been around MP3 but I'm an expert now. TRD exhaust wasn't necessary but enjoy that too. This new FJC is like the fountain of youth to me behind the wheel.

2008 FJ Cruiser Review
By sxipro on 11/11/07 10:23 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it about 3 weeks ago and love this vehicle. It is fun to drive, good on power, great off-road and has a unique look. I like the big control knobs and handles. I took it on a little trail when I went camping and locked the 4wd in just to try it and it handled great! It has that high quality feel that all Toyotas seem to have. It does have blind spots but the big mirrors make up for that.

Small price for a head turner
By k100 on 11/06/07 18:22 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I pick the CQ & Sport package plus the roof rack & tow hitch package. The ride is excellent especially in the beaten up city road (NY City). Although the engine is silky smooth, the exhaust is kind of loud when starting at slow speed. Blind spot is an issue, make sure you order the rear sonar. I'm ordering a rear view camera as too many kids play around my driveway. This truck is tall, makes you feel sitting in a bigger truck, great view, in return, it need 6'9" clearance for indoor parking clearance with the roofrack. Gas mileage is as expected at about 20 mpg hwy @ 75-80 mph.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.