2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
Great SUV
By Riad Abi Chahla on 03/05/09 01:54 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When i saw the FJ i immediately wanted to buy... I did some research and i found that it has everything i need. 1st the rugged stylish looks the durability the power and off road capabilities... after 3months of ownership I still find it more amazing everyday...

Not for passengers
By Mike on 03/02/09 05:36 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think I need to buy extra medical coverage for my vehicle insurance. Everyone hits their heads when entering/exiting the back seat. The interior panels are below Chevy in build quality and fit. The front windshield wipers chatter, and do not lay flat in cold weather. The exterior paint has scratched very easily.

Great SUV
By CalgaryMan on 02/26/09 12:25 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I hated it first but then fell in love. Now absolutely love. Cannot wait to drive it every day. I have done a great amount of research before purchasing this vehicle. I wanted a Japanese made SUV on a frame for a reasonable price. I did not want to drive a soccer mom SUV. I left me with only one option. It is great on both highway and city. You get used to blind spots after couple days of driving. An extra inch of leg room at the back seat would be helpful. Hey, it is not a family SUV after all. Exhaust is a bit loud. I read that is was done on purpose. FJ has a different exhaust from that of a 4Runner. I would like it more quiet. Overall, you can either love of hate FJ. And I LOVE it.

Great Toy
By Kurt on 02/13/09 13:58 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this SUV, fun to drive, goes anywhere. I call it a 2 passenger gas hog though. My only complaint is the back seat, it is to small for a lot of adults, not easy to get in and out of. The flip side is I will never see a soccer mom with car seats in the back driving one. I take it off road whenever I get the chance. I have only had it high centered once but it blasted its way out eventually. Could use serious tires for off-roading. It rides like a car with the factory tires. I added lambskin seat covers from Costco and they are great over the stiff factory seats. If you like fun and don't care about hauling many people get one. I have all the performance extras and get 15-16 MPG.

In Need of Redesign
By Tom Bjelic on 02/13/09 13:34 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 5th Suv. After having owned Nissans and Jeeps I purchased the FJ for my wife to haul around kids, dogs and ski gear. It is a disaster of design. The interior is dark and visibility is terrible. I can get by these issues however, It's the worst SUV I've ever driven when it comes to performance in snow. We hit the slopes whenever it snows and this vehicle is brutal. Regardless of tires, it's not safe to drive. Coupled with it's nervous anti-lock brakes it's a dangerous vehicle to control in a blizzard. Our Xterra performed much better, with the Jeep being the best. The stain proof seats get dog hair caught in the open fibres and I have to use duct tape to clean it.

Love the FJ cruiser.
By Kal on 02/02/09 19:52 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car after a lot of research. I am a big Toyota fan and this car has lived up to my expectation. Used to drive a RWD Mercedes Benz and just hated driving it in the winter in Iowa. But this car drives like a champ and is so comfortable. My boys (8 and 4) love the car and can sit comfortably in the rear seat. Blind spot is no big deal. if you drive well you get used to it just like anything else in life. Would not miss out on the other great features of the car because of that.

love my FJ
By mel on 01/25/09 11:17 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle for off road. The stock vehicle is poorly set up for serious use off road (plastic bumper imitation skid plates, etc.) There 98% of complaints end. The off road ability even with stock tires is unbelievable. I have changed rims, ties and added armor (skid plates, rock sliders and real bumpers). The performance and power need to be driven to be believed. The standard vehicle is small inside, it ain't a Suburban. There is limited storage space. The hood is high and forward visibility is limited. If you can't drive with mirrors this vehicle is not for you. FJ could use more sound deadening. Very noisy at high speed. it hauls and turns on a dime. I love it.

Recent purchase
By Eric on 01/06/09 18:38 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased my FJ after my Jeep Wrangler 4 dr was totaled after hit head on. Was going to buy another Jeep until I test drove the FJ and read consumer feedback on this sight. Although I haven't put many miles on, the FJ has lived up to my expectations. Plenty of room for me and my 2 boys, age 9 and 13. The suicide doors aren't an issue much to my wife's reluctance. As far as the blind spot people complain about, if you know how to drive, use your mirrors, and have driven an SUV, there is no discussion! My only wish is that Toyota comes out with a rag top in this model. Plenty of power, more comfortable than the Jeep.

FJ, best all around family vehicle
By Jami S on 11/01/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since 2007 I had been looking at the FJ but was not willing to pay the price. I read reviews and did my research for nearly a year. I love this vehicle. It drives great, handles great for the vehicle type, and it has very good power to get up & go. It is a very capable off-road vehicle. I have had it off-road on some rough trails and the FJ performed like a champ. Visibility is not that bad and it is something you can get adjusted to. The suspension is nice a tight and provides plenty of confidence on the road. Also, regular unleaded fuel is acceptable to use. My dealership stated this and so does Toyota. Gas mileage is not bad considering. Plenty of room for a family of 5 on any occasion.

2008 FJ Cruiser
By Lucero on 10/28/08 20:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Drives well, good acceleration and braking. Nice turning radius. Solid ride on the interstates

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.