2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
Love It!
By MomzToy on 03/11/10 16:31 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second 2008 Cruiser, I survived and walked away from a accident involving being hit at over 60 mph and rolling over. I was cut out of the car and advised the only reason I walked away from the accident is I was driving a Toyota. I was told this 3 x at the scene and in the ER by police, paramedics and a Dr, I bought the same car again on 4WD.What fun! I have just spent my first winter in snow and ice and it went everywhere.. It is dependable, durable, and always has people looking at it!

PROVEN RELIABILITY
By Stutz on 01/16/10 05:50 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

55,000 miles since new and other than oil changes I just had a new set of tires installed !!! No problems whatsoever !!!

Poor Winter Performance
By kidsysco on 12/25/09 16:25 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I would not suggest an FJ cruiser for anyone who intends on driving it in weather that is less than 30 degrees F. Which is not very cold at all, many places in the world get much colder. My FJ has a serious problem with ice. At a mere 27 degrees F the entire tank holding all of the windshield wiper fluid has turned to slush. I have anti- freeze in there rated up to -50 degrees F. It does not matter, the way that the tank is positioned inside the motor is poorly engineered so that the wind blows up against it causing things to freeze up more easily than any other car I have ever owned.

Weekends with the boys
By JayhawkGrl on 07/20/09 12:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a designer and I love this true-to-form vehicle for all it allows me to do -granted it's not ideal for parents or carpoolers. I like that the utilitarian design isn't disguised by pricey leather and superfluous features. An avid mountain biker, dog owner, hiker, camper, fisherwoman this SUV does all I need it to with plenty of space and comfort. I do a lot of city driving during the week and I've gotten impressive gas mileage. It's perfect for weekend trips and vacations. What I appreciate most is the customization and easy pricing. If you want to add components you can wrap in what you need without getting sucked into manufacturer's packages. I love my FJ- spring for the woofer!

One of a kind
By Justin on 05/17/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota outdid itsself with this vehicle - it is safe and fun to drive. It is more capable, functional, and reliable than Jeep or Hummer.

Not your average SUV
By DIKKINS on 05/15/09 11:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The FJ cruiser is like buying a prom dress, It has a specific purpose and no other vehicle does it as well. I have driven this vehicle 6000 miles in 3 months, 2/3 on the highway and 1/3 off road. It has no real equal off road, and is very good on the road. I have no qualms about about driving just about anywhere. It goes through heavy snow, fields, mud and on superhighways with ease. I purchase a more aggressive tire than the standard ones it came with and would advise this if you're going off road or in snow. This vehicle is solid, and seems more like a truck than the average SUV. The joy of this vehicle is that it will take you easily where others will not go and do it with ease.

Have to love them to want to own one.
By bkd on 04/19/09 09:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My grandfather owned an orig. FJ from 1965 until his death. It looked rough but ran well. Since he taught me to drive I have always wanted one. Never wanted to invest in a rust bucket. When the news ones came out it was a wish come true. You have to love them for yourself. It is not for kids or soccer moms. It is for dad and trip to the outdoors. If you love being outside in the mountains it is worth every penny. I grew up in Colorado and have dreamed of my get away and now it is here. It isn't practical but it is mine and it gets me out in style and reliability.

Very Cool SUV
By Gary M on 04/05/09 08:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Comfortable, powerful, quick and nimble. This is my 3rd Toyota. I was going to buy another Jeep Wrangler till I test drove this vehicle. I am impressed with the quality and feel this SUV has. Shifts like butter and handles like a dream. Quiet and spacious has plenty of room for my stuff and kids. Strongly recommend this Toyota product. Test drive one and youÂ’ll be hooked!

See it, Drive it , Buy it
By mnivens on 03/17/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The retro look of the FJ and reliability of Toyota brought me to replace my 95 4RunnR. My wife, believe it or not, liked the styling as much as I and the fact it has a good safety rating and she sits high enough to see well. She has had hip problems, but the FJ is no problem for her to get in/out. We like the simplicity of the vehicle. The FJ is a different look, but since most vehicles look alike, the FJ is a step above in styling. We are both in our mid-fifties, but feel good in this. Power is excellent, visibility is OK, Blind spot mirrors solved this problem. We had a dealer installed running boards, passenger arm rest, and towing hitch. No, it is not a Lexus, but it fits us.

Always wanted offroad
By Great Deal on 03/06/09 07:24 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've wanted the FJ after the 1st one I saw. And after getting it, I love it. I do a lot of off roading and with a just few add-ons its ready to go. I don't have kids and don't think I would have gotten if I did. For me, the wife and a couple of dogs, its all I need. The interior is great for clean up. I got the all weather mats and it's just a spay down with the hose to clean. The big 4.0L V6 has the power I need off roading or blowing away the "on the phone soccer mom" on the road. It does go through the fuel and you may want to bring some extra on those long trips to the middle of nowhere. There is plenty of head room which has been a problem for me in the past.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.