2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
130,000 Reliable Miles and Counting !!!
By stutz1 on 01/25/12 18:29 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving 130,000 miles on my 2008 FJ Cruiser, I have found this SUV to be very dependable. I love the plastic floors which I just spray down and wipe down. Don't miss carpeting . I enjoy the easy to clean durable interior fabric, however I would like to have as an option a leather interior. A fellow FJ owner told me there is a shop in Buffalo NY that sells leather skins that simply stretch over existing seats. Most people that ask me how I like FJ follow up with gas mileage question. I get around 18mpg which is fine for a vehicle that can tow up to 5000lbs.I'm not risking life for mileage!This vehicle gets top marks (5 star rating) for rear and side impact crash testing.

Big Blue
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned over a year. Bought it used with just over 9,000 miles. No problems whatsoever. Truck came with an aftermarket DVD, amp and subwoofer. Many compliments from friends. Easy to shift into 4X4 when needed. Rides perfect for a truck and love the height. Adjustable height on the driver's seat. The interior is awesome. Recommend buying one!

The Fj
By wakefan01 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is an absolute beast. It goes wherever you want to go, and does whatever you want to do. Great off road capability and just really fun to drive. Reliability is great. Have not had one problem with it.

Cheap !
By FJ Crusier on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The paint on the outside of the FJ scratches way to easily. The plastic interior scratches even easier. For an off road vehicle, in which mine is not, just cheap and poorly designed. The premium gas @2.98 a gal. What ! 15 miles in the city and 20 on hwy. Rides nice and has good pick-up when you need it, just shouldn't have to run premium gas and give a second thought to the paint! Now the windshield, cracks WAY too easily. Bad up-right design as the hummer, rocks don't skip off, again an off road vehicle . What ! Had 5, count em, 5 small dings (dime size cracks/spots) fixed b4 the last one gave way to a 16" crack! Shop around, maybe buy American, I know. I know., but it's true

Great Vehicle/ Questioable Price.
By G .A .H. on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Loved it but,If I new That just driving a new one off the lot automatically dropped the value of the vehicle to 25,000 or less.I would have searched and found one a year old and would not have spent more than 23,000.Shame on Toyota for ruining yet another lifetime customer. P.S. I'm still going to keep my old toy trucks though. Must have had real engineers (or not Harvard,or Yale). You get the point.

Not Impressed
By James on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A salesman talked me into this heap. I like to offroad and he told me all sorts of crap about other makes and models, so I bought it. It"s like a coffin inside. Very dark. No sunroof. Bad interior lighting. Hummer H3 and Jeep Wrangler are both more capable off-road. Plus, you can barely see out of it. And now the windshield is cracked cause of poor 'flat' design.

Nice car but got a lemon
By Nelson on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great looking car inside and out, rides like a sedan, but I got a lemon, 2 weeks after purchase the transfer case had to be replaced, the past 4 months the transmission slips in gears 1 through 3, and the engine stalls while driving less than 5 mph, note it's an automatic transmission. Its been in the shop 3 times for the stalling and the transmission, Toyota claims they can't find the problem, looks like I have to consult the lemon law.

Not your [soccer] mother's SUV
By Beeker on 06/09/10 07:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want comforts (e.g. leather, carpet, DVD), the FJ is not for you. Great recreational vehicle for camping, able to load up quite a bit of equipment with the seats folded down Note: one aspect I don't like is when folded down, the rear seats remain higher than the rear cargo area. That is, they are not flush. This makes it awkward to load/pack/carry some items. Fuel consumption roughly 17-18 for highway driving. Not as bad as I'd expected. The FJ sits high on the road, making it great for the rare occasions you may need to go through water or snow. Biggest complaint, despite the great exterior design, the windshield is nearly vertical. I had numerous ding from stones, etc

Rigmobile
By Rock Doctor on 04/04/10 11:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Toyota truck over 26 years, which like the previous 4Runners (2) and Tacomas (2), is used to get me back and forth from drilling rigs. It is used to get through deep mud, heavy snow and generally drive down rig access roads that other drivers would call off-roading.

Awesome Ride!
By maxac on 03/13/10 22:30 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just Love it! The color stands out and the 4wd has gotten me out of plenty of sticky situations. Great for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.