Used 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

It's a Truck, not a Passenger Sedan
By Matt Rowe

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great for small families if this is an everyday driver like mine. Averages about 16 mpg and is not the most comfortable long distance ride, but then I bought mine for camping, hauling, and trail riding. I haul firewood and construction materials on the non-standard Gobi roof rack. This vehicle is a beast! I even used it to drag thousand-plus pound tree trunks around when I cleared some woods for a home site. Awesome in the deep sand with the right tires and inflation level. If you want something better than a Jeep CJ, then this is the vehicle for you. If you are looking for a luxury status symbol truck, buy something else. This one is for sport and work.

Love my FJ Cruiser!
By Susan Signorelli

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2008 FJ Cruiser since 2009 when I bought it new! I absolutely love it. I am so disappointed that they have chosen not to continue manufacturing them. That is a real mistake, as the FJ is a fabulous as well as unique SUV! I am currently looking to possibly trade mine in for a new one, only because I want to be able to own one longer! Toyota rules, and it is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. The milarky about the blind spot being a problem, as far as I am concerned, is a problem ONLY for "inadequate" drivers. I have no problem navigating this vehicle! Love it! Toyota, please reconsider and bring them back!!!!!!

Best SUV I have owned
By Andrew

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is everything I like about an off road SUV and everything I needed for small family transportation.

Not for All
By Patrick Goungo

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is only for young people. If you have infants or small kids, very bad for them, no room.

161000 miles a I find I building a new fj!!
By Jim sauerheber

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 FJ and I had to replace the following torque converter, break system and rear end. I put a Lemon on the antenna!