Used 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

130,000 Reliable Miles and Counting !!!
By stutz1

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving 130,000 miles on my 2008 FJ Cruiser, I have found this SUV to be very dependable. I love the plastic floors which I just spray down and wipe down. Don't miss carpeting . I enjoy the easy to clean durable interior fabric, however I would like to have as an option a leather interior. A fellow FJ owner told me there is a shop in Buffalo NY that sells leather skins that simply stretch over existing seats. Most people that ask me how I like FJ follow up with gas mileage question. I get around 18mpg which is fine for a vehicle that can tow up to 5000lbs.I'm not risking life for mileage!This vehicle gets top marks (5 star rating) for rear and side impact crash testing.

Easy to clean fabric, classic retro styling,plastic flat floors which are also easy to clean,5000lb towing capacity,5 star safety rating,split seat in back which enables me to lay snow skis flat on floor,4.0 v6 engine with plenty of power smooth riding , shift on the fly 4wd.I also love the large swing door lock feature. This lock feature(easy to use) keeps the door in set position while unloading. Why have AWD where all running gear turns all the time whether your on dry road or snow? That wastes mpg.

The horn is very lame. I think it must of come from a little Toyota Tercel. Not a huge issue,but Toyota should drop the front passenger alarm for air bag which goes off if something light weight under 40lbs is on seat. I also get tired of seat belt warning sound when seat belt is not connected promptly.

Big Blue
By Anonymous

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned over a year. Bought it used with just over 9,000 miles. No problems whatsoever. Truck came with an aftermarket DVD, amp and subwoofer. Many compliments from friends. Easy to shift into 4X4 when needed. Rides perfect for a truck and love the height. Adjustable height on the driver's seat. The interior is awesome. Recommend buying one!

Off road capability and it is a Toyota!

Blind spot!

The Fj
By wakefan01

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is an absolute beast. It goes wherever you want to go, and does whatever you want to do. Great off road capability and just really fun to drive. Reliability is great. Have not had one problem with it.

Off road ability, styling, fun to drive

Cheap !
By FJ Crusier

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The paint on the outside of the FJ scratches way to easily. The plastic interior scratches even easier. For an off road vehicle, in which mine is not, just cheap and poorly designed. The premium gas @2.98 a gal. What ! 15 miles in the city and 20 on hwy. Rides nice and has good pick-up when you need it, just shouldn't have to run premium gas and give a second thought to the paint! Now the windshield, cracks WAY too easily. Bad up-right design as the hummer, rocks don't skip off, again an off road vehicle . What ! Had 5, count em, 5 small dings (dime size cracks/spots) fixed b4 the last one gave way to a 16" crack! Shop around, maybe buy American, I know. I know., but it's true

Good pick-up, pulls my boat w/out a problem

Gas mileage The windshield design and quality again cheap! exterior paint cheaply done interior plastic scratches like plastic side mirrors block views in turns, should stick out to the side and not so high blind spots, takes a getting use to.

Great Vehicle/ Questioable Price.
By G .A .H.

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Loved it but,If I new That just driving a new one off the lot automatically dropped the value of the vehicle to 25,000 or less.I would have searched and found one a year old and would not have spent more than 23,000.Shame on Toyota for ruining yet another lifetime customer. P.S. I'm still going to keep my old toy trucks though. Must have had real engineers (or not Harvard,or Yale). You get the point.

Reprice. A polished turd is still a turd.