Used 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Base Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Not for All
By Patrick Goungo

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is only for young people. If you have infants or small kids, very bad for them, no room.

161000 miles a I find I building a new fj!!
By Jim sauerheber

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 FJ and I had to replace the following torque converter, break system and rear end. I put a Lemon on the antenna!

Cheap !
By FJ Crusier

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The paint on the outside of the FJ scratches way to easily. The plastic interior scratches even easier. For an off road vehicle, in which mine is not, just cheap and poorly designed. The premium gas @2.98 a gal. What ! 15 miles in the city and 20 on hwy. Rides nice and has good pick-up when you need it, just shouldn't have to run premium gas and give a second thought to the paint! Now the windshield, cracks WAY too easily. Bad up-right design as the hummer, rocks don't skip off, again an off road vehicle . What ! Had 5, count em, 5 small dings (dime size cracks/spots) fixed b4 the last one gave way to a 16" crack! Shop around, maybe buy American, I know. I know., but it's true

Good pick-up, pulls my boat w/out a problem

Gas mileage The windshield design and quality again cheap! exterior paint cheaply done interior plastic scratches like plastic side mirrors block views in turns, should stick out to the side and not so high blind spots, takes a getting use to.

NeeCee's Cruiser
By NeeCee

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I work out of my automobiles and had driven a Honda CRV for the past 5 years. It was time for a new vehicle and I had decided to buy another Honda. The night before I went to buy it I was on the computer researching cars and read the reports on the FJ Cruiser. I decided to go and give it a test drive that next morning. Thank goodness I did. I knew the minute I drove it this was the SUV for me. I love it! I have only had it for a short time but it feels safe and I love the way it handles. Oh, did I tell you how great I think it looks?

Everything!

I would love for it to have back doors that open like the front ones.

FJ 4x2
By kanayon

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

PROS: fun to drive, performs best with premium gas, retro styling. CONS: inconvenient suicide doors, limited rearward visibility but over-all styling is A+, notwithstanding above-mentioned negatives.

Everything.

Entirely remove roof rack from options list! Front, rear bumpers should be completely black.