Used 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Not for All
By Patrick Goungo

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is only for young people. If you have infants or small kids, very bad for them, no room.

161000 miles a I find I building a new fj!!
By Jim sauerheber

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 FJ and I had to replace the following torque converter, break system and rear end. I put a Lemon on the antenna!

130,000 Reliable Miles and Counting !!!
By stutz1

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving 130,000 miles on my 2008 FJ Cruiser, I have found this SUV to be very dependable. I love the plastic floors which I just spray down and wipe down. Don't miss carpeting . I enjoy the easy to clean durable interior fabric, however I would like to have as an option a leather interior. A fellow FJ owner told me there is a shop in Buffalo NY that sells leather skins that simply stretch over existing seats. Most people that ask me how I like FJ follow up with gas mileage question. I get around 18mpg which is fine for a vehicle that can tow up to 5000lbs.I'm not risking life for mileage!This vehicle gets top marks (5 star rating) for rear and side impact crash testing.

Easy to clean fabric, classic retro styling,plastic flat floors which are also easy to clean,5000lb towing capacity,5 star safety rating,split seat in back which enables me to lay snow skis flat on floor,4.0 v6 engine with plenty of power smooth riding , shift on the fly 4wd.I also love the large swing door lock feature. This lock feature(easy to use) keeps the door in set position while unloading. Why have AWD where all running gear turns all the time whether your on dry road or snow? That wastes mpg.

The horn is very lame. I think it must of come from a little Toyota Tercel. Not a huge issue,but Toyota should drop the front passenger alarm for air bag which goes off if something light weight under 40lbs is on seat. I also get tired of seat belt warning sound when seat belt is not connected promptly.

Big Blue
By Anonymous

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned over a year. Bought it used with just over 9,000 miles. No problems whatsoever. Truck came with an aftermarket DVD, amp and subwoofer. Many compliments from friends. Easy to shift into 4X4 when needed. Rides perfect for a truck and love the height. Adjustable height on the driver's seat. The interior is awesome. Recommend buying one!

Off road capability and it is a Toyota!

Blind spot!

The Fj
By wakefan01

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is an absolute beast. It goes wherever you want to go, and does whatever you want to do. Great off road capability and just really fun to drive. Reliability is great. Have not had one problem with it.

Off road ability, styling, fun to drive

• SUV