Toy Hauler Special
By Mike on
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Traded in my Tundra for the FJ in May 2006 in Raleigh, NC. FJ is loaded, from super sound system to trailer hitch. I pull my 18' Toy Hauler, loaded with a Triumph Rocket Mcyl and luggage, with no problem. Trailer dealership installed trailer brakes for $300.00. On the road at 65MPH I get 9.3 MPG. Normal mileage is 17/23, depending on road travelled. Lack of lumbar support was solved with a $10.00 back support from AAA. Installed Toyota window guards for looks, but for those who drive with windows open it's worth the money. The FJ is an attention getter, I have the Voodoo Blue. With the iPod outlet, the music never stops. I love my Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Favorite Features
Where to start: iPod outlet, big woofer, multi-disc cd/am/fm radio sound system. Roof rack is serviceable not just for show. Limited slip differential, ABS is great.
Suggested Improvements
Seats with lumbar support. Trailer towing kit with electric for trailer brakes. Rear seats that fold flat. Extra outlet for electronics: cell phone charger and GPS charger use at the same time would be great.