I LOVE MY FJ
By mike0525 on
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I bought my FJ in 2011 and have not regretted it one bit. I don't have the top of the line model but, I do have the locking axles as well as an after market exhaust/intake and shocks and they just add to the level of enjoyment of this vehicle. Yes it has its draw backs but as long as you accept them you'll love the FJ. It's quiet, boxy, retro and FUN.! It handles quite well in snow and ice and my gas mileage has been consistently 15/18 using premium fuel. It's a 4x4 and is meant to be an off road vehicle so anyone who buys one xpecting it to be anything else will be disappointed but, if you want a solid, reliable, sturdy 4X4 you will be happy with this one.
Favorite Features
The clam shell rear doors as well as the huge back door ( with a nifty locking bar) make loading and unloading so easy. I enjoy the 5 speed automatic and shift on the fly 4X4 with the locking rear end. When you close the doors it sounds "solid" not "tinny" as so many other SUVs do. It's just a fun car/truck all the way around.
Suggested Improvements
Incorporate a back up camera into the dash and it'd be the best off road vehicle that I've ever owned. I plan on keeping this on a very long time.