2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Old Faithful

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

Old Faithful
By jdsiv on

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My need for a good solid truck rules out many of the vehicles made today. I spend as much time as I can at a remote family cabin and exploring the outdoors and often am very far from any type of assistance. My vehicle needs to get me in and out, and this one always comes through. I put Goodyear MTR's on it and they are top notch. I have had this vehicle in rain, mud, sand, and lots of snow. It plows through everything without trouble. There may be more luxurious 4x4's out there, but I see lots of those stuck in snow banks while the Cruiser keeps on trucking. If you go off road at all, the front skid plate is not an option. While comfortable on the road, it can be tricky to drive at times.

Favorite Features

Build quality, reliability, and its off road ability and dependability. It's nice to know there isn't much that this truck can't get over or through. Being waved through inspection stations during blizzards and not having to stop is nice. Getting to places at the cabin other vehicles cant go is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Put the Nav system in it. Get rid of the stupid plastic bumpers. Make a Lexus version. Although the interior material and design works great for a truck that actually gets used in the dirt, mud and snow, it might be nice to have a bit more luxury. I would probably trade mine in for a Lexus Version.