My TRD..
By Rick Respicio on
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Maybe youíre wondering why such an odd- looking SUV became my next toy after driving a 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged. Rather than choosing another luxury SUV, I went for something different Ė the total opposite! A bare bones waterproofed scuba suit-covered seating, Rubbermaid flooring w/ all-weather cargo mats & an interior w/ a harmonious blend of nylon, plastic, rubber & metal. Only 3,200 TRD units were made & I was fortunate enough to have #100. I was always fond of the Toyota Racing Development (TRD) team since childhood & this was one way of driving one of their latest creations, just wished I could do it at the Baja but nevertheless, it is fun to drive anywhere.
Favorite Features
The all-black treatment & added TRD features that make it stand out from the rest of the pack. Music coming from the ceiling since it is one of the first production cars using flat- panel speakers. Donít expect comfort since it is built like a truck, hence, the stiff & sporty ride. Take it anywhere!
Suggested Improvements
Toyota's TRD did a lot w/ the aesthetics but I would like to see a sunroof & a better audio system w/ navi & better mileage too! Take note Toyota! ;)