2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Is what it is

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Is what it is
By geoffsmith76 on

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After researching this model for about a year, I finally decided to trade in my beloved beamer since we had our first child. I wanted something that was ultra safe and reliable. I wanted something that could get me through whatever mother nature threw at us. I have been through creeks. I have been through deep mudholes. My FJ has performed flawlessly. This thing cuts through snow like a hot knife through butter, it really, really does. I have done nothing but given it oil changes and put gas into it. It has been on several 500+ mile road trips, and two 1200+ road trips.

Favorite Features

With this vehicle you either love it or hate it. I bought it, so figure out which one I am. It's ultra reliable, supposedly one of the most on the market today. Nothing short of a block wall or sheer mountain face seems to stop it from going through. Lots of driver/passenger room.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. On road trips, I have gotten 21 at best. The wind noise is a bit loud when going faster than 65-70. Is not too roomy in the back seat or the trunk area. Tires are wearing a bit faster than supposed to.