2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Review: Ditched the Wrangler - No Regr

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Ditched the Wrangler - No Regrets
By Darren Burke on

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In '07 it was an FJ or a 4dr Wrangler. I went with the new Wrangler because it had the 4 dr with conv. top and it was a Jeep. Huge mistake- it was awful and the dealer service was the worst. After about 10 trips to the dealer in two years, I traded it in on the FJ. Wow! I love this car. I've had all sorts of 4Xs - Jeeps, Land Rovers, Range Rovers, GM - Out of the box, nothing comes close. Recently followed some buddies in LR Discos into the Borrego Badlands and this car sucked it up no problem bone stock. Getting a dust snorkel put ion next week! My 11 yr. old daughter said the FJ looks menacing- she loves it and wants in in 5 years - I dont know if I can give it up.

Favorite Features

Style, ride comfort, off road and on road manners, sound system (fact. woofer is a must), reliability, strong dealer network and customer service- my local dealer in El Cajon is amazing. Build quality - no rattles, squeaks, parts breaking off like my Wrangler, still looks like its new.

Suggested Improvements

As mentioned by everyone else - gas consumption. This tank has to be the size of a hamster bladder. Be prepared to get a new windshield every so often due to the upright design. not unlike a Jeep or Hummer.