2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Review: A blast to drive! But has its

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual)

A blast to drive! But has its quirks.
By Murph on

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I went to a Used Car Dealership that sold mainly Dodges. I saw this cool looking truck and learned it was called the FJ Cruiser. I test drove it and fell in love with it immediately for it's looks and above average handling for an SUV ! However, the clutch "chirps" when at idle but stops when the clutch is depressed. I had the dealership replace the clutch disc, pressure plate and throwout bearing. All was well until 2 months and 1400 miles later and the same problem arose again. I learned through Toyota forums that this is an issue with manual tranny FJ's but they still operate normally as they should. Despite this somewhat major annoyance, I love my FJ and don't regret buying it!

Favorite Features

Unique styling, doesn't look like your neighbor's F150 or Jeep. Rubber floor mats (easy cleanups, yeah!) and easy to use heater, A/C controls. Handles quite well in sharp turns, surprising for a truck/SUV. Gutsy engine especially with the manual tranny=much driving fun!

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the clutch so it doesn't chirp at idle while the clutch is released ! Otherwise, no complaints, worth a look if you want a fun to drive off roader/daily driver!