2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
I luv my FJ
By mom04084 on 09/20/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I luv my FJ! I traded a fully loaded 03 yukon for this vehicle and cannot say I have any regrets so far. I love that this truck really can do all it advertises and still get me to work. I get looks for all around. I am hoping to get this paid off and rack up 300,000 miles!!

Hog Hunting Extraviganza
By Scott Ash on 09/10/07 19:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the FJ Cruiser for fun. I live in Texas and with all the rain we have had you would think I would keep it lame. My friends and I go hog hunting on a huge corn farm... been out about 5 times. They all park their 4 wheel vehicles and pile into mine because it gets us out there and back! (27 inch water clearance!) If you want an excellent, fun, go anywhere vehicle then I can't say enough. I have never run premium gas in it. The blind spot is easily corrected by moving out the side mirrors. Can't wait to invest in a lift kit etc and really make this thing do some rock climbing!

Great remake of the old Landcruisers
By DPRusk on 09/10/07 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The FJ is a great remake of the original Landcruisers - the ones we all remember seeing on TV as kids on National Geographic trudging through an African reserve or remote mountain trail. The new remake of the orignal mid-50s' design (internally designated FJ by Toyota) has enough comfort for every day around town use, but didn't lose it's functionality like the current luxury monster using the Landcrusier name. Having worked in the Australian bush country where the older landcruisers rule, I've always held this reliable, simple yet functional design in high regard. The new FJ has plently of storage space, good elbow & shoulder room and ample power. It feels solid and functional.

Got a lemon
By Reno Desert Rat on 09/09/07 12:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Horrible experience. I really want to like the FJ however, have had the following. Electrical problems (no wipers or head lights). Automatic tranny surges. Best mileage at 65 MPH is 18, around town 9-12 with a light foot. Had lift kit problems and dealer told me I'd have to take it to an outside shop. Second week I had it, took it to a car wash. Windshield leaked like a sieve. I have 3800 miles on it and now pursuing legal recourse through Lemon Law. Dealer does not back vehicle. I have had in the dealership 8 times to no avail.

Love the FJ
By Gretchen on 08/31/07 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The FJ is a very roomy vehicle and is good for hauling around all kinds of things. The seats fold down very easy. I am part of a car pool and drive close to 100 miles a day and the FJ is very comfortable car for the three adults.

Only vehicle I will keep
By TL on 08/22/07 07:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have bought a new car every year since 93 and now it's over, I found a vehicle I want to keep. No other company makes an off road vehicle that is also stable on the road.

Flappy
By Loftonfan on 08/21/07 20:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my "Flappy" for close to 9 months now, and it is by far my favorite vehicle. It has been off road quit a few times. The Little Grand Canyon with a foot of snow was the hardest trail that it was on, and it made it out after some coaxing. Wish I had a locker in the front, a winch, or more aggresive tires. Just got done with a weekend of wheeling in Silverton and it proved to be a stellar machine. Pulled the popup camper there, and never would have known that you were pulling a load. Really a fun vehicle to drive, had enough get up and go for me, yet is so smooth over the highway that you can enjoy the drive to the next off road trail. Gas gets a little pricey with the premium.

My FJ
By bob on 08/17/07 11:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have 6k miles and love this truck. No problems. Get between 25-27 mpg hwy 21 city. Added K&N filter to truck. Rides smooth.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
By rey on 08/06/07 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Because it is made by Toyota, I can trust and depend on their products. With my FJ, I love it and cherish it because it was built with style and performance in mind. I love to drive it, it is so quiet and smooth to speed on the road. I only get 18 miles in the city but terrific mileage in the long drive of 22 miles per gallon using premium gasoline which I have no doubt adds benefit. I added a bug deflector to save my windshield in the long run and wind side windows deflector to deflect the wind during driving to lessen the wind noise when the windows are open on the open road. I will score this car a perfect 10 as to what it can do for me and what I expect on it. Its simply the best!!

Fun & Functional (with a big blind spot)
By matt on 08/03/07 11:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is great looking, affordable transportation. The engine feels just right (although I'd like it if it took regular unleaded). The blind spots in the rear quarter panels are substantial, but not a deal killer.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.