2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
Love it so far
By Bob on 12/18/07 17:22 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked the FJ up and had a good amount of winter weather blow in. The FJ handled the snow and ice with no problems. Time will tell on the over all reliability. I have almost 500 miles on it and have nothing bad to say so far.

Solid SUV
By Blckdimnd on 12/18/07 14:42 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have Tahoe Z71 & Jeep beside this new FJ Cruiser. You just cannot get better product than the FJ. Best Californian designers combines with 100% best build in Japan.

I love my FJ Crusier
By rwd on 12/03/07 20:53 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Lot of power for a 6cy., out pulled a CJ7 when a full size ford p/up was stuck in suggar sand @ Pensacola Bch. CJ7 could not budge it she came right out for me

Could be better
By Bill from Orlando on 11/25/07 13:12 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my FJ because it was different than all the other SUVs out there. First the bad: can't open front & rear door if you are parked too close to another car to get access to rear. When using a fast gas pump, won't handle the volume and keeps shutting off pump, must pump slowly. Front passenger mirror too small and no light. Dumb design to have to take headrests off rear seats to fold them down. Rear "portholes" too small for rear passengers. No console with cover. Premium gas required. Now the good: It attracts attention for unusual design. White roof keeps interior much cooler (I live in Florida). Great sound system. Comfortable front seats. Easy to read and operate controls.

Awesome Fun!
By FJWilly on 11/03/07 06:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I first wanted an FJ after seeing the concept version, finally purchased in May 07. My black FJ has 14K trouble-free miles while touring 30+ Colorado backcountry trails. Amazing off-road capabilities; torque, power and fantastic gearing provide excellent rock crawling. The 6-spd, TRD exhaust and my K/N air intake provides a fun driving experience.

Colorado Off Road Experience 10-23-2007
By Tom Martin Jr. on 10/23/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Took my FJ on a heavy 4X4 trip; big game hunting in the Rockies. The FJ was severely scratched due to branches on forest roads. The optional front skid plate has major dents and the factory black painted skid plate just behind it was destroyed. No ordinary 4X4 trip, a foot of sticky black mud covered by 15" of snow. Even those little ATVs were having problems. All other 4X4s had to chain up all fours. My FJ made it through w/optional BFG tire package. It was weird hearing the ATC use the ABS to grab more traction. Had to use the rear locker twice. Clean up not easy as interior/exterior has lots of little spaces to trap mud. Glad I bought it w/ATC,BFGs, and air locker.

Don't be scared off
By steve on 10/23/07 14:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

As with any vehicle purchase, I did a ton of homework on potential purchase options. To be honest, I was mostly scared off the FJ before test driving due to all the comments about poor visibility, impractical 3rd doors and limited 2nd row seating, soft glass, etc. I'm beginning to wonder if these people actually have driven the FJ. For starters, if you adjust the mirrors properly (and as spelled out in the manual), there is no blind spot issue. I have a 3 year old, and the car seat fits fine with plenty of room to get him in and out. The cabin is absolutely spacious. Get the manual tranny if you can find one. You'll pay more in gas, but its worth the fun in driving.

The whole family loves this truck!
By B Laue on 10/15/07 21:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our FJ last year in Oregon. Silver, loaded. The entire family loves driving in it, even our kids! We still get stopped and asked if people can see inside. Fun to drive and the best looking SUV on the road!

Love it!!
By adventure on 10/15/07 17:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have been looking at different sport utility for many years, since 2004 hurricane season. After seeing and reading about the FJ for one day and test drove it the next day. The decision was made!! Have had the vehicle for 3 months now, love driving it and never have to worry about driving in the areas that are prone to flooding. Love the smooth ride, it doesn't feel like I'm driving a truck. It feels more like I'm driving my sienna, but taller.

Excellent
By vf on 10/09/07 08:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased an FJ Cruiser and I am lovin' it. The ride is smooth and quiet. I traded a Toyota Tundra for this and am very happy with the switch. This SUV has a classic look about it. This truck has some pick up and go qualities.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.