Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Great vehicle...Love it
By Nick

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, so far I am impressed with my purchase. I purchased the FJ about 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is running great. The fuel economy isn't the best, but it isn't the worst. I've been getting about 20.5 on the highway and 18 in the city. Which to me isn't too bad, in my 99 S10 truck I received 20/16. I don't have the 4WD, didn't need it. I like the FJ because of its look and comfort. Yes, it is hard to get in the back, but I'm not driving other people around all of the time. So far, great experience and I love the FJ!

Favorite Features

I like the back up sensor, the head room is awesome, and the overall look of the car is cool.

Suggested Improvements

Obviously the view. I put on the add-on mirror things and it has helped. I personally don't use the mirrors that often because I always look over my shoulder.

My TRD..
By Rick Respicio

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Maybe youíre wondering why such an odd- looking SUV became my next toy after driving a 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged. Rather than choosing another luxury SUV, I went for something different Ė the total opposite! A bare bones waterproofed scuba suit-covered seating, Rubbermaid flooring w/ all-weather cargo mats & an interior w/ a harmonious blend of nylon, plastic, rubber & metal. Only 3,200 TRD units were made & I was fortunate enough to have #100. I was always fond of the Toyota Racing Development (TRD) team since childhood & this was one way of driving one of their latest creations, just wished I could do it at the Baja but nevertheless, it is fun to drive anywhere.

Favorite Features

The all-black treatment & added TRD features that make it stand out from the rest of the pack. Music coming from the ceiling since it is one of the first production cars using flat- panel speakers. Donít expect comfort since it is built like a truck, hence, the stiff & sporty ride. Take it anywhere!

Suggested Improvements

Toyota's TRD did a lot w/ the aesthetics but I would like to see a sunroof & a better audio system w/ navi & better mileage too! Take note Toyota! ;)

What I Was Looking For
By Canadian

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I live in Alberta so the roads are black ice for 8 months of the year and it handles awesome. You have to force it to slide out in 4 wheel drive. I can drive through 2 feet of snow and not even get close to stuck. I've driven big trucks before so believe me when I say there are no blind spots, just learn to use your mirrors and you can see the whole road, your 6 feet off the ground. Good power, I would like a v8 in it but the v6 doesn't fall far behind. Haven't had trouble fitting 5 guys and hockey bags in the back driving for over an hour. Light enough not to get stuck in mud all the time unlike older Toyota's. If you can drive, you will love this SUV, beats a pick up any day.

Favorite Features

Upgraded suspension makes gravel roads feel like free ways. Satisfying sound from the exhaust. AUX port is awesome for long road trips if you have any type of mp3 or portable dvd. Tows my seadoo's and quads like there not there. Rides so smooth. Atrack isn't necessary but helps a lot when stuck.

Suggested Improvements

Proper tires for the truck make a big difference. Middle back seat is uncomfortable. You pay for the extra power at the pump. I'm a student so gas gets pricey when your counting pennies. Outside temperature gauge and compass are useless so I removed them. Hate seeing -30 every morning at 6.

Read it and Ride it...then you'll buy it
By KATS RIDE

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I went on a trip to AZ and asked for a SUV rental. We got an FJ. For one week, I fell in love. One year passed, and last week, I went and bought one. Total happiness. Went from a BMWZ4 to this. No complaints. None. Not a van, nor a 4 door same ole same ole SUV. I like the cup holders and hidden compartment in dash for my stuff! This SUV drives unlike any other I have had, and that includes, Pathfinder, Navigator, Expeditions. Better because it strikes a hit in the unique ride and rides exceptionally well. No truck feeling here. Performs great, rugged but functional. And just take your time backing, just like the BMW, go slow and look. No worries!! I will have this for a long, long time!

Favorite Features

Handling, the ride itself!

Suggested Improvements

More speakers in back!

I'll Keep It
By cdysma

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do love the FJ. I drive a jeep 80 miles a day (mail) then drive my FJ the rest of time. The FJ is better in every way except the jeep warms up much faster. My 16 year old likes driving it better too. I haven't had one problem. I grew up going to Bajas and with dune buggies so it's pretty special.

Favorite Features

Rides and handles awesome. Sits up higher. Safety, insurance went down when it took the place of mini van even though it was 2 years newer. No carpet. I was worried about getting something with carpet again.

Suggested Improvements

Sun roof would be a big plus. Seats in back would be better if reclined some for long hauls. The airplane windows could be bigger. Gas mileage even though it's the same as van was.