2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
Love this Vehicle
By face60 on 06/05/08 19:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The FJ Cruiser is one phenomenal vehicle. The interior space is excellent and exterior just looks down right cool. Plenty of Horsepower, smooth transistion in the gear changes, ride quality better then expected in a SUV. The oversize control buttons make it great to operate in the winter when you are wearing gloves. Easier access to rear seating then expected while providing plenty of leg room. Gas mileage is not bad for a vehicles of this size and engine size. I am currently getting around 23 mpg if I run on 93 octane and 22 on 87 octane. (Manufacturer recommends 93 octane gas.) I did go with the 17" tires but the ride quality was better then the 16" tires.

We love it!
By mike corry on 04/30/08 20:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have a family of 4 and it works great for us. I love the power it has and the thought that went into the layout of of controls in the cabin. We have taken it on 2 vacations so far and it handles great on the highway as well as off-road. I went off-roading for the first time in my life in the Georgia mountains and had no problems climbing steep revines ind driving through streams. I would recommend the step up bars if you have small children, since it sits so high off the ground. It's the best car purchase that I have ever made.

Awsome FJ
By Bill G on 04/26/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned a Jeep Wrangler for years, but am amazed at the FJ Cruiser, when I see a hill worthy of climbing I do it with no problems. It is amazing how it climbs, almost like there's a computer telling each wheel when to pull. It tracks perfect and makes what seems impossible a breeze. It has a very cool look. Thinking about adding the TRD exhaust to improve mileage at some point. I installed a chrome exhaust tip making it look cooler.

The offroad machine
By xtremefjc on 04/02/08 20:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The FJ is by far the funnest vehicle I ever owned. I have driven toyotas my whole life and never had a problem. If you're looking to buy one, test drive it before you make a decision. This SUV is awesome! It's like being in a Hummer without paying an outrageous amount.

Can't wait to get another Tahoe
By Gary on 03/30/08 07:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the car 6 months and I still can't get comfortable driving. The seat has no lumbar support. Changing lanes is always an adventure. The blind spots to the side and rear are enormous. I put some blind spot mirrors on and they help a bit, but even after driving for 30 years I still find it a challenge to change lanes. The mileage is mediocre, and considering it requires premium fuel, it's no cheaper to run than a much larger and more comfortable Tahoe which uses regular, even though the Tahoe mileage is less. I had a leased Tahoe which is turned in to purchase, rather than lease, the FJ. It was a BAD decision. The Tahoe is the best vehicle I ever had and I hope to purchase another ASAP

Best Ever
By Best Ever on 02/02/08 08:16 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drive this truck for off road soils testing business. I have had a lot of different 4wd vehicles - the FJ does the best job. Dependable, easy to operate. Goes where I need to go with no problems. I have also taken it on road trips over 650 miles, very comfortable. I burn only regular gas, no problem & get from 19.8 city to 23 mpg hwy. average around 20mpg. I have not found the blind spots to be a problem, even in Dallas multi lane heavy traffic. Mirrors take care of it just fine. This is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. I am 61, so have owned a lot of autos, so takes a lot to say this is my favorite ever.

'07 Toyota FJ Cruiser TRD Edition
By Black Beauty truck on 01/24/08 17:00 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We test drove other SUVs in the market and finally purchased this car fully loaded. Spouse loves the commanding view when she drives and it has power to push the car for a quick merge into traffic.

Best truck I've ever had
By GreatforDogs on 01/11/08 16:50 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best UV out there for the price. I have driven full size pickups and other SUVs that can't compare for the fun of it. I have 3 dogs and the interior is superior for carting them around and clean up is fast. Put the back seats down and the cargo room is equal to my last short bed pick up. My Dad is a Cadillac man and he is even impressed with the FJ. Getting used to the lack of visibility took some time, but I wouldn't trade my Toyota for anything. It far surpasses the overpriced Tahoe I had. I love it.

Long term review
By Jabo on 12/25/07 16:14 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got mine 20 months ago when it first came out and reliability has been absolutely perfect. Vault solid vehicle that easily handles all hobbies ie kayaking, hiking in remote spots, towing a utility trailer, skiing (and getting there in awful weather). Not fazed by anything except gale force winds since it is not the most aerodynamic vehicle on the road. Easy to clean after the dogs mess it up. Love the "glove" compartment on the driver side dash. Honestly all cars should have it.

First Black FJ in Colorado
By CAL on 12/22/07 12:51 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

18,000 miles and 19.8 mpg everytime. 70% city driving. Prior to my FJ I usually bought and sold my cars at least once year. The only vehicle that I have ever owned that compared to the highway ride I enjoy with the FJ was a Lincoln Navigator and it had a bit of 'pitch and roll'. My FJ does not have that feel and does not feel like a 4x4 on the highway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.