2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
My TRD..
By Rick Respicio on 03/17/09 17:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Maybe you’re wondering why such an odd- looking SUV became my next toy after driving a 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged. Rather than choosing another luxury SUV, I went for something different – the total opposite! A bare bones waterproofed scuba suit-covered seating, Rubbermaid flooring w/ all-weather cargo mats & an interior w/ a harmonious blend of nylon, plastic, rubber & metal. Only 3,200 TRD units were made & I was fortunate enough to have #100. I was always fond of the Toyota Racing Development (TRD) team since childhood & this was one way of driving one of their latest creations, just wished I could do it at the Baja but nevertheless, it is fun to drive anywhere.

What I Was Looking For
By Canadian on 03/16/09 20:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I live in Alberta so the roads are black ice for 8 months of the year and it handles awesome. You have to force it to slide out in 4 wheel drive. I can drive through 2 feet of snow and not even get close to stuck. I've driven big trucks before so believe me when I say there are no blind spots, just learn to use your mirrors and you can see the whole road, your 6 feet off the ground. Good power, I would like a v8 in it but the v6 doesn't fall far behind. Haven't had trouble fitting 5 guys and hockey bags in the back driving for over an hour. Light enough not to get stuck in mud all the time unlike older Toyota's. If you can drive, you will love this SUV, beats a pick up any day.

Read it and Ride it...then you'll buy it
By KATS RIDE on 02/28/09 06:15 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I went on a trip to AZ and asked for a SUV rental. We got an FJ. For one week, I fell in love. One year passed, and last week, I went and bought one. Total happiness. Went from a BMWZ4 to this. No complaints. None. Not a van, nor a 4 door same ole same ole SUV. I like the cup holders and hidden compartment in dash for my stuff! This SUV drives unlike any other I have had, and that includes, Pathfinder, Navigator, Expeditions. Better because it strikes a hit in the unique ride and rides exceptionally well. No truck feeling here. Performs great, rugged but functional. And just take your time backing, just like the BMW, go slow and look. No worries!! I will have this for a long, long time!

I'll Keep It
By cdysma on 01/01/09 18:21 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do love the FJ. I drive a jeep 80 miles a day (mail) then drive my FJ the rest of time. The FJ is better in every way except the jeep warms up much faster. My 16 year old likes driving it better too. I haven't had one problem. I grew up going to Bajas and with dune buggies so it's pretty special.

My Big Mistake
By FjLoser on 12/05/08 09:49 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a Big disappointment. In wind over 25 MPH it is all over the road like a hound dog's breakfast, too many blind spots due to oversized pillars, paint is chipping off faster than you can touch it up. At 3000 mile rear diff replaced. Weather stripping on windows deformed roof leaking form roof rack mounts and the list goes on and on. And the dealer I go to would not do anything about the problems other than the diff. This was the first Toyota I have ever bought and the LAST!

Clam shell doors, Bah!
By SlyK9 on 11/29/08 17:38 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

FJ Rox! Having owned a couple of international scouts, an fj40, various jeeps and a 4runner, I believe the FJ comes as close to perfect as we can get without a custom design. I purchased my 2007 FJ in Dec of 2006. I have taken the family across country and off road. This vehicle is comfortable and affordable. One minor complaint is the clam shell doors. I have spent many awkward moments attempting to get the kids from the back seat. First opening the front stepping out opening the back closing the front then letting the kids out squeezing by and the opening the front, closing the back then closing the front. Tight parking is tuff with these doors. Worth it? Oh yes. Thumbs up!

Love my FJ
By charles s on 11/24/08 14:43 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My FJ has been a great vehicle to own. I have added some extras to make it even nicer and more fun to drive. Have BBS rims, nerf bars, Clarion DVD nav stereo, bull bar with skid plate and the ever popular back up camera. It accelerates nicely for a vehicle this style. Very easy to accelerate to 100 quickly. Runs great in the snow. The cons would have to be gas mileage, unstable in windy conditions (gusty over 30 mph winds). I feel it is very roomy inside as I am 6'5 230. My kids are 10 and 7 and have no problems getting in or out the back doors. Maybe a bit more room in the back would be nice. Have used only synthetic oil since purchase and have added a K&N filter. A solid 9 out of 10.

Luv my FJ
By TROY BOND on 10/19/08 06:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've put over 86,000 miles on my FJ in 2.5 years and not had any problems. It has gone 4 wheeling in various terrain and performed well. Couldn't be happier

My FJ
By John on 10/08/08 20:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first Toyota was a 72 FJ40 after 200,000 miles it was time for a 4runner in 96 and then the new FJ Cruiser in 07, what a great machine. Moab, no problem, city driving awesome. I did change out the lame stereo for a Pioneer nav unit MTX amps, speakers and a much needed back-up camera. I hope to get 200,000 miles with the FJ. I had to replace the windshield after taking a big rock, $1100, boy are they proud of it.

Good, but not great
By Duffy on 08/25/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving mine for last 2 yrs and it is fun, but on the practical side pretty bad blind spots (everyone agrees on that), exterior paint chips easily, front windshield already cracked ($309 replacement... not sure where the person lives who paid $1200). The clamshell doors are terrible for getting in and out of. The front seat back won't even fold forward enough to help with rear entry. Noisy ride. When visor down, can't see a thing. Sorry to bring everyone down, but this a long list to consider when deciding to buy. Still the most original SUV around.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.