Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Oh What a Feeling, Toyota
By Jimsque

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Broncos, Jeeps and other 4x4s and this one is the very best. Great on the highway, rides better than my wife's Volvo XC90! Great traction in 18" of snow with no slippage. Mine is the Black Cherry and I call it Razlberry, it sure has pizazz!! Toyota has hit a homerun and I am proud to own it, as others only wish they did. Everybody thinks they cost more than they do.

Favorite Features

Looks and the looks you get. The scale model (even the same color) Toyota sent me just goes to show you that Toyota cares about their customers and their opinions.The stereo with the base addition is awesome! Power and pick-up.

Suggested Improvements

Driving or running lights, map lights, you really need to put spot mirrors on the exterior mirrors. But hey, what's not to love?

FJ love
By debonthebeach

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

We off-road it on a gulf coast beach a/o 2x/mo. It's been up to every condition we've encountered. Commute to work daily 70 miles RT. Comfortable, feels safe. Handles everything well. Due to design, limited side and rear visibility on highway. Big mirrors help. Drive with caution in freeway traffic until used to using mirrors. Just returned from 2500 mile holiday trip with family in back seat; everyone comfortable. Kids think they're riding in "Cinderella's Coach". Inside door handles don't bother us. In fact, with grandchildren and dogs, we prefer it that way.

Favorite Features

Wonderful color, sun fusion yellow. Sound system. Design inside and out. Everyone wants to see inside, then they want to drive it. Powerful. Handles well. Seats - many settings, both drivers can adjust. Easy to use 4WD. Small turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

Increase side and rear window visibility. Outside opening door latch for back seat passengers. Relocate cruise control stick - inconvenient to use for a highway driver. It's been a challenge trying to get Sirius radio - train the dealership folks on this.

Enjoying my FJ
By Dynmo

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Jeeps for the last 30 years so this was a big change and I was a little apprehensive at first at changing my 4X4 ride. Now that I have had the FJ for three months I can say this is the best 4X4 I have ever owned. It four wheels with the best that Jeep has to offer and is much more comfortable to ride in.

Favorite Features

The four wheeling ability of this vehicle is impressive along with the large interior makes for a great 4X4.

Suggested Improvements

Don't touch a thing!

Fun SUV
By Dave

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The FJ Cruiser has been the most enjoyable SUV to drive. Everything about the FJ has been great. The craftmanship is excellent. I don't have enough praise for it. It's no wonder that Toyota is going to dominate the auto world.

Suggested Improvements

Regular gas would be nice. A little more room in the foot pedals area. I have big feet. Arm rests on both sides of the seat.

One awsome vehicle
By Bill Gatto

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Toyota hits another homerun with the FJ Cruiser. It is the perfect combo of ruggedness and superior handleing in an SUV. I have no complaints of any kind. The more I drive it, the better it gets.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, comfort, looks, price.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is the only improvement that I can think of.