Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Having Fun
By Sue

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car and it turns heads. I use it for daily driving to work and so forth and find it very easy to handle and comfortable to drive. Everyone I've shown it to loves the look, inside and out. I feel safe on the road. I can't wait for it to snow so I can play some more!! Can't say enough good things about this vehicle.

The overall look. It's a very attractive vehicle, inside and out.

I'm getting running boards to help get in and out of the vehicle. Wish they were standard. But, that's it! It has everything else!

My wife gets to drive it ):
By Ken McGaffin

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this for my wife. We were on our way to buy something else and it caught oue eye. 2 hours later we were driving it home. Now I'm always willing to run to the store as long as I can drive "her truck"

They way it feels going around corners and the looks.

The accessories are expensive. I want to add a hitch and through the dealer will cost nearly $1,000

Great on and off road
By Ewan

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is stunning and a head turner. But has the goods to back up the bold looks with an ample engine, towing ability and drive train to go anywhere you so desire. Also there is plenty after market goodies to customize and make it the way you want it to look

Bold Looks that took me away from the frumpy 4runner

door needs some guarding strips and wasted space above the glove compartment. Does any one actully put gloves in those things anyway ?

straight dope on the fj
By ditka

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a truck meant to go off road but it really bridges the gap between on and off-road drivers. In Four Wheeler magazine, the FJ had the best mileage, best pickup, best quarter mile, best braking and best engine/transmission combo of the seven SUV's tested(Feb 2007). For off- roaders, it also boasts an excellent stock suspension with over 19" of articulation and an engine tuned for torque with 278 lb/ft. The FJ Cruiser does have its drawbacks, however. The full-time 4wd means that you won't be driving from Denver to Vegas on one tank of gas. The rear visibility is pretty poor but a sonar rear-parking assist is available to compensate. In all I highly recommend the FJ.

Unique styling, good stock suspension and a powerful engine make for a very capable ride on and off road. After market parts are readily available for any upgrades you might want to make.

Visibility could be improved and a front locking differential would be nice on the trail. How about a removable top as well? This is a brand new car and the few bugs will be ironed out. Keep your eye out for the hefty, all black TRD special edition next year and the SUT version with a big sunroof

straight dope on the fj