2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
What a surprise!
By Scott McCready on 05/19/06 07:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle drives as well as it looks. Brakes, steering and handling a car like. Ride quality is almost as good as a Lexus SUV. It has all the outward appearance of a basic SUV but is suprisingly comfortable and easy to drive. Other highlights are large interior controls, wonderful upgraded stereo system, great seats and just quality build throughout the entire vehicle. This is the kind of automobile that makes you smile every day when you drive plus you know that if you look after it you will have it for 200000 miles plus. This is pragmatism and whimsy in a package that no one comes close to competing with, all at an unbelievable price.

ordered and paid before i'd ever seen it
By zigsvoodooblue on 05/18/06 10:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This thing is so cool. I'd have never bought an SUV or a Toyota if not for the FJ Cruser. I saw it as a concept and have been waiting for it. I'm 6'2" and this is the first car I've ever had where i didn't feel like i was pressed against the windshield. It's great on the highway, cruises comfortably at 100+mph, handles well, is quiet and easy to park. Best factory sound system i've ever heard.

Utility is Back
By fjaddict on 05/18/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was tired of all automatic, highly refined car-like SUVs that you could not dare get dirty. FJ is just what the doctor ordered: it is rugged, rubberized on the interior and built for utility all the way around. It is outstanding off-road. I take it on trails when I go on photo expeditions and camping with my kids. It is well- mannered on the roads and proves to be a fun commuter as well. In short, this truck does an exceptionally good job on and off the road. Of course it has lots of plastic and rubber; it is built for utility. Blind spots everyone keeps talking about have not been a problem; paring sonar and side mirrors do a good job of fixing all that. I love my FJ!

Good, reliable vehicle, fun to drive!
By Cruiserboy on 05/16/06 10:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great off road capabilities. Cool to look at. It turns a lot of heads. Typical Toyota... bullet proof. Solid feel, great fit and finish.

FJ Cruiser 4X4
By IIZFISHIN on 05/16/06 06:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This has got to be one of Toyotas best from its exterior styling to its rugged interior design and yet one of the most comfortable SUV rides I’ve had. Toyota again had their head on straight for this one. I can't wait to get this thing out in the wintertime.

Upgrade the speakers
By mmosso on 05/10/06 16:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck! I'm very happy with the look. Everyone looks and points. I would strongly recommend getting the upgraded radio w/sub woofer package if you get the roof racks. The wind noise is deafening.

Feels Like a Tank!
By FJ Cruisin' on 05/09/06 04:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Yes, it has a lot of plastic parts and yes it has poor visibility rearward and off to the sides but I think it's still the coolest thing to hit the roads in many years. I love the fact that Toyota put 'utility' back in the SUV; everything in this truck is designed for easy cleaning and functionality. How refreshing! Behind the wheel, with the huge hood, triple wipers and all the blind spots, it really feels like a tank. Off road, it is so rugged, you are almost convinced you are driving an invincible tank!

Best Compact SUV
By terahex on 05/04/06 08:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned! This is a fun car to drive, very responsive to the wheel and pedals. It offers a nice smooth and quiet ride in the city, yet it is fully capable of going off tackling some of the roughest 4x4 trails. The FJ has received a lot of comments about the large c-pillars blocking vision. I have not found this to be a problem. The side large mirrors more than make of lost vision. You just have to recondition they way you drive.

Love It
By Ben on 04/27/06 19:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just got my FJ two weeks ago. Definitely not a vehicle to log a lot of miles on. But man, is this thing cool. I can't count the number of gawkers and strangers coming up asking questions. I take her off roading tomorrow. I'm sure it will tear it up.

Dream SUV reincarnated
By Lucky Jack on 04/25/06 21:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have waited for over 30 years for this vehicle. I always wanted an FJ40 Land Cruiser, but could never get one. Now, I have the vehicle that is fun and still makes sense... no more poor fuel mileage from those Chevy Tahoes I used to drive. Yet, I can still pull the little boat and go hunting/fishing. PS... I have to allow at least 30 extra minutes when I go anywhere, just to talk with the people who want to see the car and find out all about it. I love this cruiser.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.