2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
Too much fun!
By Joe on 06/04/06 19:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Saw this online as a concept quite awhile ago. Got mine at the beg. of May, '06. I traded my '04 Scion xB which was like a toy in comparison (no pun intended). The FJ is fun, turns heads, holds quite a bit of stuff and then some. I already have 6,000 miles on it and it's great. I have been getting about .5-1.0 MPG better than the window sticker. I have the 6sp and the shiftng is not as smooth as I thought. I can also feel too many vibrations through the steering wheel. This takes away from the 'tank' like feel. I live in Seattle and this thing is horrible for visibility. The triple wipers do nothing to move the water off the windshield in time, even at the highest setting.

greatest SUV
By joe on 06/03/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I first saw this SUV, I thought "oh great, another retro vehicle that will be popular for about a year, and then lose all its appeal." I drove this toyota for fun and fell in love with it. It has great looks, plenty of highway cruising and passing power, and is very comfy. It also has a quiet ride that is on the stiff side but is not at all jittery. I love and will for years to come.

What a Joy!
By kellstar on 06/03/06 12:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love the driving experience. The ride is pleasant, I had someone ride behind me on a fast curve and the tires stuck to the ground, it was awesome.

Great handling vehicle/Toyota
By mark on 05/31/06 08:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I brought my present car into the dealer to have some work done on it and set my eyes upon this great looking 4x4. I was immediately intrigued by the look and had to test drive. What a great SUV, handles great, good acceleration, good braking. When I got back to the dealer I had to have it. The active suspension is fantastic. I get about 14-17 MPG city. The stereo is awesome.

Just Picked it Up
By Mike D. on 05/26/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just got it on the 5-24-06 and I can't find anything wrong with it at this point. Great Ride, Good Looks, Power is OK. I will be reporting back every- so-often so, please stay tuned. I live in south Louisiana so I don't think I'll be rock climbing, but I will try the 4X4 in the mud. It is my full time ride to work and any wear else I go. Having to run High Octane gas is not a big deal. I spend maybe $3.00 more a tank. The improved gas mileage offsets the extra cost.

Awesome Vehicle!
By Dave on 05/25/06 16:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Lots of fun to drive. I love the way this truck looks and it is built with excellent Toyota quality. We purchased the 6 speed manual which has full time 4WD. We live on a ski mountain and encounter fairly extreme weather, including very slippery icy roads. It goes through rough terrain very smoothly - a joy to drive.

Everyone will want one
By Connie in Florida on 05/23/06 07:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

LOVE this truck. The drive is wonderful. I have had so much fun in the last week since purchasing it. The interior is wonderful in sandy areas. It was a nightmare getting sand out of carpet. This truck is a show stopper. You have to be ready to show it to people everywhere you go. My husband bought a hummer last year but I see him eyeing my fj. We may end up as a two fj family. Gas mileage and grade could be better. Should have a outside temperature monitor and should be able to use inside charger without the engine running.

Too cool
By Grandma Patty on 05/22/06 07:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's been a lotta years since I have driven such a fun comfy cool vehicle. It reminds me of my old jeep scrambler but so much better. The looks, the questions about the FJ from so many people is amazing. It's like having a custom build vehicle. Then again it is. It was fun designing R FJ with all the extras we wanted.

better than expected
By hawaii101 on 05/20/06 13:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This thing is fun. I bought it without driving it expecting it to be up to Toyota standards. It's by far the most fun vehicle I've ever owned. It has an extremely solid feel and with the full time four wheel drive that comes with the manual transmission it really hugs the road. I've only done some mild off roading but it handled some fairly large obstacles and ruts at a speed that would have bounced my brain loose in my Wrangler. So far the FJ has exceeded my expectations and they were high to begin with.

Great Versatile SUV
By BFORR on 05/19/06 17:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 1350 miles on my FJ. I sold a 05 Z71 Tahoe and 04 Rubicon to just have one multi purpose vehicle. This FJ is truly multi purpose. Not as roomy or comfortable on the road as the Z71, but just as smooth,less noise inside, and better mpg. I never took the Z71 off-road and rearly more than one person rides with me. The Rubicon was better off-road in the tight spots and the visibility was much better. The FJ is better on hill climbs and declines. The FJ hold much more cargo,is more comfortable, and you can drive at interstate speeds with no worries. This FJ is great - versatile - on-road and off-road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.