Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Fj-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

FJ is the best dollar value available!
By MelloFJYellow

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best value vehicle on the market today! It is so fun to drive, extremely rugged, very well-built, and has looks without comparison! There is no other vehicle on the market today that has more going for it, especially at such a low price! Please, just do yourself a favor - no matter what other vehicle you are interested in, give the FJ a try with a test drive and you will wonder why you ever even considered any other vehicle! It truly is that good!

Favorite Features

Stand-apart great looks, solid and rugged build quality, 4X4 availability, exterior colors, fun-to-drive quotient of 1000%, unmatched value for the dollar, white roof, folding rear seats, and so much, much more! Everything about it - what's not to love?!

Suggested Improvements

Better rear visibility, grab handles for rear-seat passengers, sunroof option, diesel engine option, different interior color options.

Flat-out Awesome
By TeamMontoya

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First I want to thank everyone who wrote a review, it was very helpful in deciding to purchase my FJ Cruiser. This is one awesome SUV; comfortable, great power, great looks, and incredible off-road capabilites. The blind spots are there but if you know how to drive with your mirrors then its not an issue. Advise for those that do not know how to use side mirrors. Place your head on the driver side window and turn the mirror until you do not see the end of the rear. On the passanger side lean over and turn the mirror out until you can not see the end of the rear. You now have no blind spots. Try it, it works. I can not say enough about this SUV. Toyota out did themselves. Awesome!!

Favorite Features

Looks, off-road capabilites, stereo, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Rear windows do not roll down.

Whoa!
By paterick

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have about 1500 miles and this engine is more powerful than I realized. I never have to break 2000 rpms generally in town, it hums at 1200 rpms to 1400 rpms and that is accelerating from stop to the local speed. Gas mileage is very poor but that must be from the high compression engine. This car seems like it could use another gear which could improve mileage. Getting about 19 mpg. Can't imagine what it would be if I had a heavy foot. Women told me I looked handsome driving this car. Made my day.

Favorite Features

Driver's seat and distance from steering wheel is great. I am a big guy. Ride is very stiff, but that is cool, almost like a go cart but bigger.

Suggested Improvements

With the power this engine has it surely could use another gear, which could offer better gas mileage, not sure, not an engineer. Seems the rear storage could be a bit wider so I dont have to take my drivers out of the golf bag to carry them.

4 months and still a blast
By cjm

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 4 months and 7,000 miles I am extremely happy with this vehicle. It has excellent power and is very quick off the line. Entering the freeway from the on ramp is a blast, this vehicle flat out moves for an SUV of this type. Overall mpg (city and highway combined) has been 20.5 with premium gas. I find the steering very nimble, the FJ is fun and handles well in traffic. It is also very capable off road right out of the factory. The excellent approach and departure angles helped me leave my buddies behind. Their lifted Chevy Avalanche just couldn't get in to the places I took mine. This vehicle still turns heads and gets compliments where ever I go. You can't go wrong with the FJ!

Favorite Features

Power, gas mileage, off road ability, powerful headlights that provide great visibility, ground clearance, aftermarket accessory availability.

Suggested Improvements

Better rear view, work on blind spots, rear view camera should be standard. Windshield chips easily and is prone to being hit due to angle. Needs, sunroof, fog lights, more interior lighting throughout, better center console, true iPod capability, rear windows that open or roll down.

FJ
By JHONNY

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first car that I have owned. Just knowing that it was a replica of the first Land Cruiser ever build makes me feel good. The SUV feels like you are flying a plane. I just love it.

Favorite Features

Low key truck, people don't know how spacious is it until they get inside.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof, on-dash navigation.