2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
Teen Offroader
By Jacob on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this vehicle is great. When I first test drove one I expected it to have a bouncy ride and be bad in the corners. Prior to this vehicle I had a 1999 Land Rover Discovery and it took corners horribly. Now the Fj takes the corners like it's a car. The back-up sensors are great due to poor visibility in the back. I bought the car with 80,000 miles on it and it still feels like it's a brand new car. The only thing it doesn't have that my Land Rover had was luxury, but if you want luxury that's what the Land Cruiser is for. I've had no problems at all and probably won't ever. Pulling loads is a breeze with the powerful V6. It easily pulls my two wave runners. Perfect affordable offroader.

Scuba mod
By SiNiStEr07 on 09/01/10 21:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I read through a majority of the reviews on the FJ before I bought mine. Every now and then there is a very low rating because of transmission or rear differential/transfer case problems. To those I ask, did you take your stock FJ in mud or water? If the answer is yes, that's why you had these problems. Unfortunately Toyota let the casual offroaders down. The problems you guys are having is because of the differential and transmissions breathers. These breathers let the hot gases/vapors out of your diff/tranny so they don't overheat. The problem is Toyota messed up with the placement. While these breathers are open to keep your parts from overheating, they fail to keep mud and water out.

Highly Recommend Buying The FJ40 Cruiser
By Kimo from Hawaii on 08/23/10 21:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new Landcruiser in the '70s. That vehicle was a brute. It was built like a tank, heavy and real solid thick metal. It could crawl and go where only goats could roam. I was very happy with it. So I thought of buying the new version. Whoa, is this a refined 4X4 compared to the '70s model. It is so cool in looks and in performance. After purchasing it, I found out that there was a tire recall. I just brought it to the local dealer and they will replace them (5) for free. I am surprised that the previous two owners did not know about this recall. I also owned 4X4 Jeeps. They are okay for kids and adult kids who like the "old school" looks, ride, engineering, and performance. Switch.

Ditched the Wrangler - No Regrets
By Darren Burke on 08/19/10 16:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In '07 it was an FJ or a 4dr Wrangler. I went with the new Wrangler because it had the 4 dr with conv. top and it was a Jeep. Huge mistake- it was awful and the dealer service was the worst. After about 10 trips to the dealer in two years, I traded it in on the FJ. Wow! I love this car. I've had all sorts of 4Xs - Jeeps, Land Rovers, Range Rovers, GM - Out of the box, nothing comes close. Recently followed some buddies in LR Discos into the Borrego Badlands and this car sucked it up no problem bone stock. Getting a dust snorkel put ion next week! My 11 yr. old daughter said the FJ looks menacing- she loves it and wants in in 5 years - I dont know if I can give it up.

Rock Solid
By Atlanta Renegade on 08/12/10 11:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is bulletproof and surprise me everyday. Bought it 2.5 years ago and never missed a beat. It's built by Hino which is Toyotas truck division, very solid and great smooth 4.0l V6 engine. Ultra low maintenance. I use it to tow my boat and also do some offroading. Great vehicle is you like using your vehicle to do adventure outdoor type of stuff and don't want to worry about damaging something on the vehicle. Do yourself a favor and look underneath one and you'll find that the truck is way overbuilt and great bang for your buck.I enjoy mine and use it everyday

Buying Another Brand New FJ This Week
By zackal on 06/28/10 12:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Living in The Great White North the FJ is an absolute treat in the winter months. Purchased the base model with full time 4wd and 6 speed manual. I have never been stranded or stuck anywhere (common sense it important when playing in any off roader.) On the highway you feel safe as a tank and lots of power to pull out and pass if you know how to properly match the tranny to speeds. I've had 4 Jeep TJs (Wranglers in the USA) and still have one for my kids. The FJ is their favorite to drive over the Jeep except on top down days. I am just about to pick up another FJ, the exact same model, Yellow, base 6 speed. For the money, probably the best value on the road.

awesome car, not so awesome fuel economy
By collin on 06/22/10 01:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car, I really like the aux. Input, and the sound system in general, the bass makes my mirrors shake! (I do have the sub-woofer) I love the interior and exterior design, it is classic and unique, also the manual transmission is smooth and fun. Overall, this is a very good car, it is reliable ( I have yet to have any problems after owning it for about 2 years) and fun to drive. I really hate the gas mileage though. I have a rocket box on mine, and I generally get 12-15 miles per gallon in the city, and 19 on the highway. It is absolutely awful to have to fill the tank every 3 days.

Favorite vehicle ever!
By Big G on 02/05/10 09:16 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The looks were the first thing that drew me to the vehicle, then I read about the performance, then I drove it and compared it to a Wrangler unlimited. Even though the roof came off the Wrangler and the appeal of a convertible was high, I drive at least 20K a year and have family trips of 2,000+ miles...the Wrangler was like a stagecoach. I just got new tires after 45K and I feel like I can go ANYWHERE. The confidence I have in the FJ will someday get me buried, but it hasn't happened yet. I actually pulled an Esacalade out of the ditch the other day and the owner was simply flabbergasted at the capability. Lots of comments, some snide, mostly in admiration. So what on the blind spots...

Wow!!!!
By salmon58 on 12/27/09 08:35 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this vehicle. Funnest car I've ever driven. I feel very safe driving it, and I've never had that comfort with a vehicle. Have a son and a dog, no worries over spills, simply wipe out the floor boards with a wet cloth and poof, looks good as new. Love the looks of vehicle also. Like the simpleness of the inside. Big knobs for everything, easy to handle, four wheel drive is easy to use, recommend this vehicle for anyone who likes a smooth driving vehicle with the toughness of any four wheel drive. Drives really good in snow and ice as well as the freeway. Gas mileage is no worse than my xl-7, but I got so much more for my money. For such a tough car, it's a very smooth drive.

Is what it is
By geoffsmith76 on 12/01/09 16:20 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After researching this model for about a year, I finally decided to trade in my beloved beamer since we had our first child. I wanted something that was ultra safe and reliable. I wanted something that could get me through whatever mother nature threw at us. I have been through creeks. I have been through deep mudholes. My FJ has performed flawlessly. This thing cuts through snow like a hot knife through butter, it really, really does. I have done nothing but given it oil changes and put gas into it. It has been on several 500+ mile road trips, and two 1200+ road trips.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.