Used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Higly recomended car when you have small kids
By smoramx

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I took the decision to buy an FJ because is very practical when you have kids; every time the kids spill water or any other liquid its really easy to clean up. Kids can't open the back door or roll down the rear windows. The privacy glass prevents the sun in kids face. I buy the 2x4 version which I first regretted, but living in LA and with small kids it's a little difficult to go off road anyway. I took it to a Baja trip for a total 3,000 miles (very little off road) and it's very comfortable and smooth.

The looks, plastic floors, waterproof seats and privacy glass.

The OEM roff rack needs to be more useful had very little place to hold and the ribs support only 175 lb. Include two or three Ac outlets. Non premium gas

Natural road test in P.R.
By pedro

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In Puerto Rico actually this is one of the best vehicles on the road. The floods and the roads here are a test for any vehicle in the market.

Suspension and driveability on the highway make the fj an awesome car.

Side mirrors, passenger seat must have an armrest.

Great vehicle...Love it
By Nick

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, so far I am impressed with my purchase. I purchased the FJ about 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is running great. The fuel economy isn't the best, but it isn't the worst. I've been getting about 20.5 on the highway and 18 in the city. Which to me isn't too bad, in my 99 S10 truck I received 20/16. I don't have the 4WD, didn't need it. I like the FJ because of its look and comfort. Yes, it is hard to get in the back, but I'm not driving other people around all of the time. So far, great experience and I love the FJ!

I like the back up sensor, the head room is awesome, and the overall look of the car is cool.

Obviously the view. I put on the add-on mirror things and it has helped. I personally don't use the mirrors that often because I always look over my shoulder.

Good, but not great
By Duffy

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving mine for last 2 yrs and it is fun, but on the practical side pretty bad blind spots (everyone agrees on that), exterior paint chips easily, front windshield already cracked ($309 replacement... not sure where the person lives who paid $1200). The clamshell doors are terrible for getting in and out of. The front seat back won't even fold forward enough to help with rear entry. Noisy ride. When visor down, can't see a thing. Sorry to bring everyone down, but this a long list to consider when deciding to buy. Still the most original SUV around.

Appearance. Good power

Make standard 4 door instead of clamshell doors. Minimize blind spots. Better paint quality.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 2WD
By jason hearn

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before buying my FJ. I knew I loved the way it looked. The ride is comfortable and quiet and i feel safe inside its' seemingly large cabin. Brakes are a little sensitive making the front end dive slightly. After a while you get used to them though. If you know how to use your mirrors when driving then you won't have an issue with the blind spots people keep talking about. Just put down your phone and you'll be okay.

driver side glove box, no carpet interior and overall styling

Stock speakers are a joke with almost no options for aftermarket replacements. could use more storage compartments for your odds and ends.