2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
I LOVE MY FJ
By mike0525 on 11/26/12 15:40 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my FJ in 2011 and have not regretted it one bit. I don't have the top of the line model but, I do have the locking axles as well as an after market exhaust/intake and shocks and they just add to the level of enjoyment of this vehicle. Yes it has its draw backs but as long as you accept them you'll love the FJ. It's quiet, boxy, retro and FUN.! It handles quite well in snow and ice and my gas mileage has been consistently 15/18 using premium fuel. It's a 4x4 and is meant to be an off road vehicle so anyone who buys one xpecting it to be anything else will be disappointed but, if you want a solid, reliable, sturdy 4X4 you will be happy with this one.

What do you expect, its a Toyota!!
By jaystone22 on 07/03/12 10:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Fj one year ago with 60000 miles, trading in my 4 runner. Have no regrets about it. I have close to 80000 miles on it now and have had no problems at all. Absolutely love this vehicle. If you are thinking about getting one, do not hesitate. You will regeret not owning this fine piece of work.

Short comings
By ozzyj on 06/20/12 17:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2007 FJ 4x4 with all the bells-and whistles; although I have had no mechanical difficulties, I have to say that it is not without its problems. Its paint chips if the wind blows, it’s all over the road with wind over 25 mph, has dangerous blind spots, too wide for most off road situations, weak tie rods, front windows break easily due to shape/angel e, frames on some are weak and buckle, some have weak rear differential, terrible transmission, poorly designed for water usage for a 4x4, (short rods in motor so if you make a mistake in the water you will have to replace the motor), poor gas mileage, engine wines over 40 mph, even with change of tires it’s squarely on slick surfaces (

Fun Car but Horrible Gas Mileage
By carlosarturo1 on 05/06/12 16:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning this Cool SUV for 3 years I finally traded it in yesterday. Love the look and how fun it is to drive. We put mud tires and all the whistles and it turned all heads around. However, the gas milage is Horrible! I got about 14 to top 17 in the freeway. Not mechanical problems at all in 3 years.

King of V6 off-roaders
By alex_fj on 08/22/11 20:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are in need of a full capable 4x4 low cost and low maintenance, the Fj Cruiser is for you. I have a 2007 4x4 5speed auto. Kicks butt on road and off. 100,700mi on it and no problems at all. Only replacements have been bulbs other than that it still runs like a champ smooth as ever. Will out preform any other bone stock 4x4s and I mean WILL.. If you're willing to get intense it will need some mods but other than that your set for some mild of roading. This powerful little monster will leave you in awe if you mis judge it, take it for a test drive you might fall in love.

Solid
By on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned the FJ for 2 years and 62,000 km without a single mechanical issue to date. Have had the near-vertical windshield replaced after 6 months of ownership as a rock cracked the soft stock windshield. Handles like a champ in the snow. 4.0L engine is smooth and powerful. Has some straight-line tracking issues at highway speeds when there are winds > 30km/h due to the non- aerodynamic design.

Jeep. Nah! Get the fj!
By FJfan! on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my black one in 3/10 w/ 50k on it now have 65k and love it! I have always had toyota pickups and jeeps and have always had a lot of fun, but my fj takes the cake! For the money you can't beat it's capabilities off road...and on. Takes corners well, accelerates nicely w/ a throaty stock sound, has a lot of room in the back w/ a decent amt of room in the back seat also. The back doors can be a bit of a pain when in tighter parking, but overall not much of a problem, still easy to get in and out. Slightly heavy in sand, but with the locker, not a problem. Get the rack on top if you're "outdoorsy"! Runs like a champ, looking forward to many more miles and some upgrades!

50,000 Miles Later, Still Great
By bayareaFJ on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 50,000 update to my prior review. No mechanical or cosmetic problems. Everything works like it should. Pulled my trailer last weekend like it's not even there. Interior still looks new. No light bulbs have had to be replaced. I love the cavernous interior and doors that close like a vault. I still expect my kids to drive it in 10 years.

Teen Offroader
By Jacob on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this vehicle is great. When I first test drove one I expected it to have a bouncy ride and be bad in the corners. Prior to this vehicle I had a 1999 Land Rover Discovery and it took corners horribly. Now the Fj takes the corners like it's a car. The back-up sensors are great due to poor visibility in the back. I bought the car with 80,000 miles on it and it still feels like it's a brand new car. The only thing it doesn't have that my Land Rover had was luxury, but if you want luxury that's what the Land Cruiser is for. I've had no problems at all and probably won't ever. Pulling loads is a breeze with the powerful V6. It easily pulls my two wave runners. Perfect affordable offroader.

Scuba mod
By SiNiStEr07 on 09/01/10 21:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I read through a majority of the reviews on the FJ before I bought mine. Every now and then there is a very low rating because of transmission or rear differential/transfer case problems. To those I ask, did you take your stock FJ in mud or water? If the answer is yes, that's why you had these problems. Unfortunately Toyota let the casual offroaders down. The problems you guys are having is because of the differential and transmissions breathers. These breathers let the hot gases/vapors out of your diff/tranny so they don't overheat. The problem is Toyota messed up with the placement. While these breathers are open to keep your parts from overheating, they fail to keep mud and water out.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.