2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:
Higly recomended car when you have small kids
By smoramx on 12/26/11 20:07 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I took the decision to buy an FJ because is very practical when you have kids; every time the kids spill water or any other liquid its really easy to clean up. Kids can't open the back door or roll down the rear windows. The privacy glass prevents the sun in kids face. I buy the 2x4 version which I first regretted, but living in LA and with small kids it's a little difficult to go off road anyway. I took it to a Baja trip for a total 3,000 miles (very little off road) and it's very comfortable and smooth.

Natural road test in P.R.
By pedro on 06/14/09 13:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In Puerto Rico actually this is one of the best vehicles on the road. The floods and the roads here are a test for any vehicle in the market.

Great vehicle...Love it
By Nick on 03/23/09 10:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, so far I am impressed with my purchase. I purchased the FJ about 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is running great. The fuel economy isn't the best, but it isn't the worst. I've been getting about 20.5 on the highway and 18 in the city. Which to me isn't too bad, in my 99 S10 truck I received 20/16. I don't have the 4WD, didn't need it. I like the FJ because of its look and comfort. Yes, it is hard to get in the back, but I'm not driving other people around all of the time. So far, great experience and I love the FJ!

Good, but not great
By Duffy on 08/25/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Been driving mine for last 2 yrs and it is fun, but on the practical side pretty bad blind spots (everyone agrees on that), exterior paint chips easily, front windshield already cracked ($309 replacement... not sure where the person lives who paid $1200). The clamshell doors are terrible for getting in and out of. The front seat back won't even fold forward enough to help with rear entry. Noisy ride. When visor down, can't see a thing. Sorry to bring everyone down, but this a long list to consider when deciding to buy. Still the most original SUV around.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 2WD
By jason hearn on 07/28/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research before buying my FJ. I knew I loved the way it looked. The ride is comfortable and quiet and i feel safe inside its' seemingly large cabin. Brakes are a little sensitive making the front end dive slightly. After a while you get used to them though. If you know how to use your mirrors when driving then you won't have an issue with the blind spots people keep talking about. Just put down your phone and you'll be okay.

My Little Mini-Hummer
By aggie_fj on 06/24/08 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is awesome. I first read about the FJ when I was deployed to Iraq. For circumstances beyond my control, I did not purchase this vehicle until just recently. All I can really say is that this vehicle is awesome. I absolutely love all the features on this vehicle. I purchased it as a Certified Used Toyota in Houston, TX.

Toy Hauler Special
By Mike on 06/18/08 15:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my Tundra for the FJ in May 2006 in Raleigh, NC. FJ is loaded, from super sound system to trailer hitch. I pull my 18' Toy Hauler, loaded with a Triumph Rocket Mcyl and luggage, with no problem. Trailer dealership installed trailer brakes for $300.00. On the road at 65MPH I get 9.3 MPG. Normal mileage is 17/23, depending on road travelled. Lack of lumbar support was solved with a $10.00 back support from AAA. Installed Toyota window guards for looks, but for those who drive with windows open it's worth the money. The FJ is an attention getter, I have the Voodoo Blue. With the iPod outlet, the music never stops. I love my Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Love this Vehicle
By face60 on 06/05/08 19:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The FJ Cruiser is one phenomenal vehicle. The interior space is excellent and exterior just looks down right cool. Plenty of Horsepower, smooth transistion in the gear changes, ride quality better then expected in a SUV. The oversize control buttons make it great to operate in the winter when you are wearing gloves. Easier access to rear seating then expected while providing plenty of leg room. Gas mileage is not bad for a vehicles of this size and engine size. I am currently getting around 23 mpg if I run on 93 octane and 22 on 87 octane. (Manufacturer recommends 93 octane gas.) I did go with the 17" tires but the ride quality was better then the 16" tires.

Love it!!
By adventure on 10/15/07 17:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have been looking at different sport utility for many years, since 2004 hurricane season. After seeing and reading about the FJ for one day and test drove it the next day. The decision was made!! Have had the vehicle for 3 months now, love driving it and never have to worry about driving in the areas that are prone to flooding. Love the smooth ride, it doesn't feel like I'm driving a truck. It feels more like I'm driving my sienna, but taller.

Excellent
By vf on 10/09/07 08:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased an FJ Cruiser and I am lovin' it. The ride is smooth and quiet. I traded a Toyota Tundra for this and am very happy with the switch. This SUV has a classic look about it. This truck has some pick up and go qualities.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.