MY ECHO
By Gregory Estes on
2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I presently have 79,373 miles on my echo. It has 4 doors, manual transmission, and I average just over 40 mpg if I drive 60mph or less. I drive 85 miles round trip per day 4-5 days per week for work, (both highway and city). I change my own oil and filter every 3000 miles, and have only had it in the shop once at the dealer for it's 60,000 mile check up. I love this car! Not a bit of trouble, very dependable. They don't make Echos anymore, but Toyota's replacement is the Yaris, (same engine, different body style). If I needed another reliable and economic car I would buy another Echo, if I could find one, or a new Yaris. Toyota really has a winner here!!
Favorite Features
MPG big factor, dash display (center console, don't have to look through the steering wheel. I also enjoy the get up and go (for only a 1.5 liter engine). The front wheel drive is great in snow, and on turns etc. And last its durability and reliability.
Suggested Improvements
None, I'm happy the way it is! Even the comfortability really isn't bad, and I'm a large framed man at 255 lbs.