2005 Toyota ECHO Consumer Review: Great little car!

2005 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Review

2005 Toyota ECHO

Base Coupe (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great little car!
By Lisa on

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car and I was excited to be a car owner! It was surprisingly good in winter weather and I was fearless to go out in snow, ice, etc. I never had any problems and just had to do all the regular maintenance to keep it going. Unfortunately, I may have been too confident and drove my little car on the highway when there was a lot of black ice. I spun out several times and hit the guard rail, which in the end totaled the car. I am surprised it didn't flip over since the car is quite tall (something I got used to and I still bang my head getting into other cars!). Regardless, this a very good first car!

Lots of little cubby holes to put things in. I got to really like the console being in the middle of the dashboard. Very roomy despite being a small car.

Maybe improve the car's ability to take a crash. My accident wasn't very serious but the car crumpled like a tin can in the front where I hit head on. I was pretty bruised up on my legs and on my chest and stomach from the seatbelt.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review