2005 Toyota ECHO Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2005 Toyota Echo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

2005 ECHO Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
The best little car in the west
By Debby

2005 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After much study of the compact cars out there and trying several of them, I kept going back to Echo for the excellent comfort, especially the seat height for anyone with a bad back. As for the quality for the price, it is well made, handles so well, not wobbly at all, I am not sure what the Editor was driving, but my Echo is so responsive and smooth. Yes, there are cars out there with more power, but for a sub-compact car it has all the power you need, you can add all the bells and whistles you need. I got mine with the 15" wheels and it makes the ride so much smoother. I would recommend the Echo to anyone who wants comfort at a great price!

Favorite Features

Great Seat Height Handles really well Holds its value

Suggested Improvements

Put door guards on the sides

A great little car.
By happy echo driver

2005 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car gets great mileage and has decent power to boot. It's easy to park, but has plenty of passenger and cargo room. Handling and ride are acceptable. Exterior styling is pretty good, but could be better. Interior looks kind of cheap. I like the center-mounted instrument cluster because the steering wheel doesn't get in the way of the gauges. It's solidly built and won't squeak or rattle. The cd stereo is great. The Scion xA and xB are based on the same platform, but have much less cargo room with the rear seats upright. The echo makes more sense if you need to carry around four people and cargo.

Favorite Features

Mileage! 35/42 is about 10mpg better than most competitors, yet it still manages an 8.4 second 0-60. The stereo is excellent. It won't blow out the windows, but it's pretty loud with excellent sound clarity and fidelity. Super-fun to drive in parking lots-and tons of cargo room!

Suggested Improvements

The pricing/packages. The Scion xA and xB are priced competitively and yet come standard with power steering, a/c, power locks and windows, keyless entry, abs, stability control, 15" wheels, and color-keyed body cladding. All of these are options on the echo, and can greatly increase

I LOVE mine!!
By chell57

2005 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I adore my echo! Reliable, alot of head and leg room, gauge placement is so cool!!

Favorite Features

I have a ROXY echo, so I adore the cool stripes on the car. The gauge placement is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

None, love it as it is!

Wonderful car to own!!!!
By recipepal

2005 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really love my Toyota Echo I purchased brand new April,2000. It's a beautiful red color that still loos brand new. I'm a travel Nurse and bought it in my home town in For Lauderdale, Fl. and had it trucked out to Thousand Oaks,Ca for an assignment. It ha saved me quite a bit of money when the gas prices soared over #2.50/gallon.! Very dependable.Never worried about being stranded especially in a City 3000 miles away from my family.

Favorite Features

The best feature is its dependability. You slip the key in the ignition and no matter where you go, that excellent workmanship tells you that you will NEVER be waiting at the side of the road like many Toyota wannabes!!!!

Suggested Improvements

I would include an upgraded model w/a GPS,satellite radio and options for power windows,door locks,etc.

Luv my Echo
By alienlady

2005 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Ive had my echo since Jan 02 and i have never had a problem! Gas milege is great, even though it looks small it has alot of room inside, the only thing it doesnt really have good pick up speed.

Favorite Features

style of the dashboard, the headroom it has is wonderful, gas milege is great (especially price of gas now)

Excellent
By Robert Connors

2005 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

saved on gas and easy to ride in and comfortable and more space and roomy in the car.

Favorite Features

Save on gas

Suggested Improvements

should have a arm rest and offer Dvd player and airbags on sides.

The best for the best money
By Walace Langame

2005 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I"m very please to inform that this is the absolutely best vehicle for the money, not only but as well a fun car to drive. Thank you Toyota so much! Walace R Langame!