Used 2005 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Echo - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota ECHO

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Echo, Love it !
By Frank

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The best money I ever spent on a car! It's a shame this car did not catch on with most of the public. With todays gas prices its a solution available today ! Its about half the cost of a hybrid, but gets 40+ mpg ! A great value. I was surprised how peppy this car is for a fuel efficient car.

Favorite Features

Cost, mileage, high up visibility for a small car, some small cars feel like a sled. I like the center console, good acceleration and nimble. Reliable, never needed a repair.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat could be more comfortable but its acceptable. At highway speeds, 80+, stability is affected by cross winds, within the speed limit its fine. I think they have HD sway bars for this in later models ?

small wonder packs it in
By Kimberly

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Echo. In today's times of rising gas prices, it's fabulous gas mileage and small gas tank feel like a relief.

Favorite Features

I love the interior with its funky, off- center console and the "bubble" shape give it lots of headroom. Everyone who gets in says how big it feels.

Suggested Improvements

none

I love my ECHO
By sue

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my ECHO in 2002. It is very reliable. It has not needed ANY repairs other than normal maintence. It gets GREAT gas mileage. I can drive my car to work for 2 weeks on one tank of gas!

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage and pretty good pick up for such a little car. Very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats. I drove the car from denver to salt lake (on almost one tank of gas!) but I have to admit I was tired of sitting!

sami'smom
By sami'smom

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

With gas prices rising, I'm so happy with my Toy. Great for people on fixed incomes. Would consider buying another one when the time comes. Great in snow 1 foot or less. Front seat nice and high especially for elderly, and people with problems from the waist down, especially disabled transferring from wheelchair to car.

Favorite Features

Front seat easy in and out. Back seat not bad.

Suggested Improvements

Lower rear end making it easier for backing, expecailly for short people!

love my Echo
By Marika

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

There is no getting around it, I just love this car - and expect a lot of attention when you drive it. Other owners will wave furiously, and whenever I come out of the mall, there will be someone looking at it and wanting to ask questions

Favorite Features

The fact that you sit higher then you do in other cars is awesome, and there is so much room!

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of a thing to change! I dont actually drive it often, as I can walk to most places I want to go I wish I could drive it more!