2005 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
Echo's For All
By Sullivan, Scott on 03/22/05 14:24 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Since me and my wife travel long distance to visit family we bought the Echo. I was dumbfounded by the fuel savings with the performance. Average is about 38-42 highway depending on speed. If we all had cars like this prices would fall at the pump do to the lack of customers.

Echo, 2000
By H. Crowe on 03/07/05 22:32 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this new and have never had a bad day with it. We sit up nice and high too, and we like where the instrument panel is. It handles great and great mileage. You don't know when you see a good car. Even tall people have found it comfortable, and plenty of luggage space too. Everyone we meet who have one loves theirs too!

greatly improved suspension design
By richie on 02/22/05 23:35 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

These comments apply to 3 identical new Echos purchased from July-October 05,equipped with 15" wheels,175 section tires. Fine road grip. Heavy duty roll bars completely eliminate body roll. Corners flat. Nimble power steering, very precise, goes where pointed. Crosswind stability vg- etc. Very firm ride, no float on heaving road, a little rough on bad pavement (See my "8" rating for Comfort.)(Would rate it "10" with 2 or more people,or on good roads). Shifting easy, but downshifts from 5th to 4th take a little aligning. Stoplight Grand Prix acceleration a blast,shocks the unwary.Recommended tire inflation shows up small bumps...Reducing to improve ride gives PRONOUNCED understeer on fast turns

Echo - year 2000
By Helen Crowe on 02/16/05 20:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car with wonderful visibility. We get 40 mpg and can't understand why you don't advertise it more. Other owners we meet love theirs too. Ours is a 2000 year model.

Reliablity is #1
By gkkano on 01/29/05 14:54 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

No problems, fuel economy is as close to a hybrid as possible, needs power window and tachometer options like the Japanese models [it's pictured in the owners manual], if you're just looking for a runabout car that is easy to park in small places, sips fuel, won't attract to much attention, not on anyones major stolen cars lists--this is the car. Reliability is the key, if it doesn't start and go--who cares what it looks like.

The Echo Is Great!
By Bert on 01/07/05 21:24 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Echo is fun to drive, has plenty of room inside with super storage, has fantastic fuel economy and unparalleled realiability.

The Echo Is Great!
By Bert on 01/07/05 21:24 PM (PST)

I love my 2002 ECHO
By Evelyn Woods on 01/07/05 01:27 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my ECHO new in Sept. 2002. I love everything about it. The only thing I would do different is buy the auto tranny rather than the 5 spd, (due to a medical condition). I get great gas milage 39 in town. I always get comments on the car wherever I'm at, and I love the design of the dash. The car is reliable, quiet, very comfortable (front and rear seats), it has a lot of "get up and go", and it's a Toyota. Who could ask for anything more? I have let it sit idle for a month and it starts up every time.

The best little car in the west
By Debby on 01/01/05 22:09 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After much study of the compact cars out there and trying several of them, I kept going back to Echo for the excellent comfort, especially the seat height for anyone with a bad back. As for the quality for the price, it is well made, handles so well, not wobbly at all, I am not sure what the Editor was driving, but my Echo is so responsive and smooth. Yes, there are cars out there with more power, but for a sub-compact car it has all the power you need, you can add all the bells and whistles you need. I got mine with the 15" wheels and it makes the ride so much smoother. I would recommend the Echo to anyone who wants comfort at a great price!

A great little car.
By happy echo driver on 11/16/04 02:03 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car gets great mileage and has decent power to boot. It's easy to park, but has plenty of passenger and cargo room. Handling and ride are acceptable. Exterior styling is pretty good, but could be better. Interior looks kind of cheap. I like the center-mounted instrument cluster because the steering wheel doesn't get in the way of the gauges. It's solidly built and won't squeak or rattle. The cd stereo is great. The Scion xA and xB are based on the same platform, but have much less cargo room with the rear seats upright. The echo makes more sense if you need to carry around four people and cargo.