Used 2005 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Echo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Most Helpful|
FANTASTIC
By Jim

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage, comfortable, easy to get in and out, fun to drive, no problems after 39000 miles. Great radio , If you like small cars this really not so small car is one you should check out.

Favorite Features

easy in out, mileage.

Suggested Improvements

hatchback

Best owned low cost, long range commuter
By Gregory Estes

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new to commute 100 miles a day round trip, both freeway and intercity (half and half). Have tracked mileage since new, averages 37-41 depending on road conditions, speed and my patience with traffic. Normally drive 60-65 mph highway. Only serviced at 60k and now have 97k miles. I do my own oil and filter change every 3k miles. I love this little car, hope to get 300k plus out of it. Would definitely recommend this car to anyone! (note, it's stick shift).

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, get up and go, center dash console, ease to clean, ease to do oil and filter maintenance, non existent repairs, overall cost savings, plus initial cost new.

Suggested Improvements

For what I paid for it new $14k, and what I got, it wouldn't be fair to ask for much more. There is always room for improvement, but it will cost more in the long run.

Toyota echo
By Brian

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I would have to say that for a 17 year old this is really the best car that you could buy. With its 1.5 liter 4- cly. 108 hp. this echo can be a sprinty for a little car. I would take the echo over a focus, civic,and an accent. The echo has a TDI system (Toyota Direct Ignition system) which means that it eliminates the need for a distributor, spark plug wires, rotor, and a bigger muffler for better breating at higher revs. It also has six speakers, and a great sound system. This is an awesome car!!!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would be the room that it has, rear defroster, tilt steering, trunk light, great sound system, compartments, great gas saver, and the roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

The improvments I would have to say that I would like would be a standard cd player.

Better than expected
By Inkentucky

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this, I was coming from a '03 Lexus GS300, so I was dreading it, but driving 50+ miles each way to work, I really couldn't justify not having a little commuter car. The manual has been really nice, the ride has been fine, the acceleration is much better than expected. It drifts a little side to side on the interstate but I expect it's due some steering work or new shocks and struts. Has 109k miles on it, and typically gets 37 mpg. Very pleased.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Kind of easy to accidentally change the radio station when pushing the button that gets to you adjustment of bass and treble etc. if it was harder to rotate that knob, that would probably solve it.

34/40 mpg w/automatic
By madpat

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

mgp is great, could use a bit more eng power. good size trunk. get the powerstering,ac,bigger wheels on 2005. get 4 door's. a bit road nosie.when will it be found on road dead? relability and quality still testing and will test good on wash d.c. roads. ok for nothing special car.

Favorite Features

34/40 mpg. ac cranks at 42 cold. lots of places to put stuff. 5 drink holders. for a little car it seems more roomyer. with the seat down you can take a good nap.light in trunk.

Suggested Improvements

abs should be the law of the land and power windows and ac, don't forget keyless enter. move the clock and leave hole in dash for stuff. needs a place for cd's/tapes. bigger drink holder no place to gulp. more shadding/tinting on windsheild and windows.