2005 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
Underrated Car
By Ron on 07/31/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 6'6" and the Echo is the only economy car with enough headroom for me. It's surprisingly quick and I've averaged about 40 mpg overall...38 in town and 43 hiway...the combination of mileage, space, and quick accelation in a modestly priced car is unbeatable to date...once you get accustomed to the center dash...it's a better design from a safety point of view.

Actually a 4-door HATCHBACK-Canada
By Lori on 07/27/05 16:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've never loved my car before this--I always bought for practicality and was very happy with the much-recommended, long-lived Tercels since 1984. The ECHO HATCHBACK is cute, fun, different, economical, and comfortable. Maybe not so different anymore--they're popping up everywhere! I get 46MPG (the larger Canadian gallons)in real life driving, which has only a few 5 minute stretches of 80km/h (50mph)--no real highway driving. Toyota makes terrific, reliable cars, and now they have a CUTE one too!

ECHO THE BEST
By Kat on 06/11/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I need to "move" from an entrance ramp onto a fast highway, my ECHO is there for me. When I need to "gas-it" to get around a truck or Sunday driver...my ECHO is there for me. New York City should buy a fleet of ECHOs to use as eco-enviro Taxi cabs. The back seat is huge, I know, I am a tall person and have to sit back there to wash the windows periodically. I LOVE my ECHO! And he (vinnie..he's black) is SO cute! 39MPG + on the highway. 36mpg in Manhattan!!!

Toyota echo
By Brian on 06/07/05 16:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I would have to say that for a 17 year old this is really the best car that you could buy. With its 1.5 liter 4- cly. 108 hp. this echo can be a sprinty for a little car. I would take the echo over a focus, civic,and an accent. The echo has a TDI system (Toyota Direct Ignition system) which means that it eliminates the need for a distributor, spark plug wires, rotor, and a bigger muffler for better breating at higher revs. It also has six speakers, and a great sound system. This is an awesome car!!!

Toyota Echo
By Judy on 06/06/05 13:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Handles beautifully - haven't seen the "wobbleness" noted by Edmunds. Gas mileage great - last fill up was 39.8 mpg (I drive conservatively). The 2001 model sold me on getting the 2005, and the 2005 is great!

ECHO
By I'm sold on 05/12/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I rented a car in April got one of these by chance. 30 miles later I was completely sold and bought one 2 weeks later. It's a BLAST to drive, the looks really grow on you, it's as roomy inside as a Corolla, and the gas mileage I got with an automatic blew me away, over 40 mpg freeway. I absolutely LOVE this car. There isn't another car in this class that can come NEAR to this car.

Buy One
By Kev on 05/06/05 10:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This has been an interesting car to purchase. After a lot of research we decided on the 4dr Echo with automatic and air. I like the idea of a timing chain instead of the wimpy belt! A nice piece of car that is just as comfortable at -40 celsius as it is in hot weather conditions. It is really reliable as we live in Canada, and you can go for a very long period driving and not see another car or house. A very fuel efficient gem, and with our Canadian gas prices as high as they are, we can get our initial investment in the car, out in gas savings in 3.2 years, compared to what we had. Once you get past its unique look, the car will actually pay you in reliability and few repairs.

ECHO
By Mark on 04/06/05 16:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. I'm trying to get another one - with little success.

Echo 4 door 5 speed
By SRMark on 04/01/05 11:33 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for its gas mileage only. I thought it was funny looking but it would serve my needs. Then I drove it. What a blast. It shifts well, handles well (in spite of other reviews that said it had severe body roll), the room is amazing for such a small car. I'm, 6'1" with a long torso and I have head room to spare. The seats could use some leg and back bolstering though. Now, I've come to appreciate how it looks, especially as it sits in a gas station.

Honey of a car
By Honey on 04/01/05 01:56 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I think it's cute and for the price, it is very reliable and economical. If you're looking for a good, sound economical small car, I think the Echo is a good choice. The trunk is suprisingly roomy and the seating is tall and very adequate.The down side is it's a bit noisy when driving on a highway. I wish it was better insulated from road noises. And it does sway when passing a semi. Otherwise, I like my Echo just fine.