2005 Toyota ECHO Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
Better than expected
By Inkentucky on 06/21/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this, I was coming from a '03 Lexus GS300, so I was dreading it, but driving 50+ miles each way to work, I really couldn't justify not having a little commuter car. The manual has been really nice, the ride has been fine, the acceleration is much better than expected. It drifts a little side to side on the interstate but I expect it's due some steering work or new shocks and struts. Has 109k miles on it, and typically gets 37 mpg. Very pleased.

Efficient yet sporty
By Jeremy on 12/20/05 01:19 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Toyota Echo is the value for your dollar car next to the Honda Civic. If you are looking to give your new high school graduate a new car, A Honda Civic or Toyota Echo is the car. Although 2005 is the last production year for the Echo, look in 2007 for the Toyota Yaris to be the next best thing. Japanese producted Yaris is the exact same frame and structure as the Echo, but you now have a 3rd or 5th door (hatchback).

FANTASTIC
By Jim on 11/19/05 11:22 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage, comfortable, easy to get in and out, fun to drive, no problems after 39000 miles. Great radio , If you like small cars this really not so small car is one you should check out.

The finest automobile ever!
By JHB on 09/28/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has given me everything I wanted, including: dependability, low maintenance costs, phenomenal gas mileage, and an extremely low monthly payment!

Echo, Love it !
By Frank on 09/22/05 11:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The best money I ever spent on a car! It's a shame this car did not catch on with most of the public. With todays gas prices its a solution available today ! Its about half the cost of a hybrid, but gets 40+ mpg ! A great value. I was surprised how peppy this car is for a fuel efficient car.

I love my ECHO
By sue on 09/05/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my ECHO in 2002. It is very reliable. It has not needed ANY repairs other than normal maintence. It gets GREAT gas mileage. I can drive my car to work for 2 weeks on one tank of gas!

greatly improved suspension design
By richie on 02/22/05 23:35 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

These comments apply to 3 identical new Echos purchased from July-October 05,equipped with 15" wheels,175 section tires. Fine road grip. Heavy duty roll bars completely eliminate body roll. Corners flat. Nimble power steering, very precise, goes where pointed. Crosswind stability vg- etc. Very firm ride, no float on heaving road, a little rough on bad pavement (See my "8" rating for Comfort.)(Would rate it "10" with 2 or more people,or on good roads). Shifting easy, but downshifts from 5th to 4th take a little aligning. Stoplight Grand Prix acceleration a blast,shocks the unwary.Recommended tire inflation shows up small bumps...Reducing to improve ride gives PRONOUNCED understeer on fast turns

Not bad
By MelSpags on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

As a college student the echo is ideal for my needs. The great gas mileage and dependability are outstanding.

Best small car on the road
By Scott's Echo on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have to say that i love my Toyota Echo .I get 42 MPG on gas and it's alot of fun to drive and the get up and go is great .It will move for a small car i'll be going 85 befor i know it .It's a great car for the money and it's a Toyota so what more could you ask for .