Used 2005 Toyota ECHO Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Echo - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota ECHO

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Better than expected
By Inkentucky

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this, I was coming from a '03 Lexus GS300, so I was dreading it, but driving 50+ miles each way to work, I really couldn't justify not having a little commuter car. The manual has been really nice, the ride has been fine, the acceleration is much better than expected. It drifts a little side to side on the interstate but I expect it's due some steering work or new shocks and struts. Has 109k miles on it, and typically gets 37 mpg. Very pleased.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Kind of easy to accidentally change the radio station when pushing the button that gets to you adjustment of bass and treble etc. if it was harder to rotate that knob, that would probably solve it.

Efficient yet sporty
By Jeremy

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Toyota Echo is the value for your dollar car next to the Honda Civic. If you are looking to give your new high school graduate a new car, A Honda Civic or Toyota Echo is the car. Although 2005 is the last production year for the Echo, look in 2007 for the Toyota Yaris to be the next best thing. Japanese producted Yaris is the exact same frame and structure as the Echo, but you now have a 3rd or 5th door (hatchback).

Favorite Features

Gas mileage from 36 to 40, depends on your driving habits. Laughlin and 1/2 the way back on one 11 gallon tank, tell me what car can do that, non hybrid and having 108 horsepower stock. Instrument cluster is designed so that you will not move your eyes very much to see how fast you are going.

Suggested Improvements

Seats are a little harsh, very little leg room for rear personnel, but with 38+ mpg, do not carry more than 2 people in the car.

FANTASTIC
By Jim

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage, comfortable, easy to get in and out, fun to drive, no problems after 39000 miles. Great radio , If you like small cars this really not so small car is one you should check out.

Favorite Features

easy in out, mileage.

Suggested Improvements

hatchback

The finest automobile ever!
By JHB

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle has given me everything I wanted, including: dependability, low maintenance costs, phenomenal gas mileage, and an extremely low monthly payment!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the great sounding stereo!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can suggest to Toyota is to keep producing the car!!!!!

Echo, Love it !
By Frank

2005 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The best money I ever spent on a car! It's a shame this car did not catch on with most of the public. With todays gas prices its a solution available today ! Its about half the cost of a hybrid, but gets 40+ mpg ! A great value. I was surprised how peppy this car is for a fuel efficient car.

Favorite Features

Cost, mileage, high up visibility for a small car, some small cars feel like a sled. I like the center console, good acceleration and nimble. Reliable, never needed a repair.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat could be more comfortable but its acceptable. At highway speeds, 80+, stability is affected by cross winds, within the speed limit its fine. I think they have HD sway bars for this in later models ?