Used 2004 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Toyota ECHO
By clock

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Its a good car to get around town in. gas mileage is what primarily attracted me to it.I get an average of about 300 miles out of a tank in the city.The sound system is great,and provides enough oomph to please the ear.The car is pretty good with roominess for what you are getting.I'd say 4 adults can sit comfortably inside.This car has enough power to get up to the mid-90s comfortably, top speed, like110mph.It cruises on the highway pretty well, good amount of passing power.Its not a sports car,Handling: in a crosswind, it feels like the car is may want to drift.This is only at high speeds. A/C is decent, same with heat. LOTS of headroom.Good car!

CD Player

Some design improvements, Toyota please dont make this thing look like its got its rear end in the air. A little bit more power for the engine would be great, but its pretty good for such a light car

Echo Hatchback Imported from Canada
By Locke

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our Echo 5 door hatchback from a dealer in Canada, and imported it to the U.S. Call your nearest Toyota dealer across the border for the "how to do this" details. The warranty is valid in the U.S. The Hatchback is NOT a Scion, and is really not an Echo. It is a European designed car (called the Yaris) that in Europe typically has a smaller engine. For import to Canada they put in the Echo engine. The performance is fabulous. 40MPG all the time in mixed driving. Seats 4 adults in comfort. It's 2 inches longer than a Mini, and has plenty of room in the trunk for carry-on suitcases or grocery bags. Seats fold down for bigger things.

Styling is uniquely European and very classy. Not at all like the Echo sedan. Great mileage. Incredible roominess. More legroom in rear seat than our Subaru Impreza. Very zippy and fun to drive.

European models have option of power mirrors and windows. I don't care really.

I LOVE MY ECHO
By LOVEMYECHO

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I acturaly have a 2000 Echo that I bought used a year ago and could not be happier with it. I filled up today and got 34 MPG on my last tank of gas. When gas is $1.99 a galon that is a life saver! It is extremly reliable. There are tons of storage compartments inside and a very large trunk. I have driven midsize cars with less space than this little echo because the echo is so well designed.

I like the instrument cluster in the center of the dash instead of being hid behind the steering wheel.

echo
By george mcfly

its a good car!!!!

its cheap!!!!

more choices of colors!!!!!

Zippy Little Car
By InuRa

2004 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My parents (i'm a high school student) were happy to get this car: cheap, slow acceleration, small, fuel- efficient. I like this car b/c I can easily pass someone, it's weird- lookin. Ppl can always tell where I am, b/c not too many ppl drive this car. The only prob: It's missing all the "basics". you're going to end up puttin a buttload of options in the car.