2004 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
Hot! Pocket Rocket
By James Fidelis on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent fuel economy, great performance, agile and fun to drive. For the size, has exceptional comfort. Needs more available options. I could have bought any car I desired. I tested everything from a Camry down and chose the Echo because it's just so fun to drive and to cute to ignore.

Cheap and good
By Lumpierre on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had over 10 Toyota's over the years. This is my second Echo. They are cheap, attractive, great mileage and reliable. For someone living on a steady income, it is great! One more advantage: for people with disabilities: the driver's seat is so high that it gives a full view of what is ahead of you; fantastic in that aspect!

HOT MAMAS ECHOES
By HOT MAMA on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

It's nimble and fun to drive....you actually have to drive it...it doesn't go 80 mph unless you have put it there. Bit difficult if you have to go up a mountain.... good in snow.

Great Car
By Jeffery Smith on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Excelent car. On average I get 39 miles to the galon. The bigest problem I have with the car is the salesmen were realy pushing that you can go 7500 miles between oil changes when in reality if you read the manual 5000 is more like it unless your drive in perfect conditions. But 5000 miles is not bad and the car drives great.

an older model
By emery on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Shaky steering wheel was really bad but dealer finally fixed it, mostly, tho it still does shake. Wipers were bad when new and just got worse. Do not clean the windshield.

Toyota Echo - The easy auto to park
By Bommarito on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Echos are great at shopping mall parking lots. I fit into any open parking space. I have no problems manveuring through small lanes (usually made small by monster cars trying to park). The tight turning radius makes it easy to zip around as needed. I'm particularly fond of the 35 mpg I'm getting. Good Toyota quality, nothing fancy, but a great city car.

Almost perfect
By JB on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive this car in a congested city every day. It is perfect in traffic. I always feel "comfortable" with my speeds and I have a tendency to go over the speed limit, but it holds the curves good. I drive occassionly on a 65 mph highway and before I know it, I`m up to 75 and 80 mph, without feeling any scary moments. The only time I get concerned is on those "draw bridge grids". The tires may not be wide enough. The one thing that I absolutely can`t stand is the ice-cold air does not come on soon enough. I "melt" down before the air is cold. At least 10 blocks to get cool air. Evidently there is NOT enough insulation. Thank you.

Happiness with my ECHO
By Kwil on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am a visiting nurse. I rewuire a car that is reliable and has very good mileage. As I need a new car aprox every 4 yrs, afordability is also a must. I have found all this in my ECHO. I couldn't be happier

Great Car!!!
By Dijon Baker on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really love my new ECHO, it is such a nice little car. It is comfortable and fun. I like having a nice car that is easy on the wallet but also a great car. I really like the exterior styling and the front seats are good for seeing a lot of what goes on outside. The only bad thing is the engine. A 1.8 liter engine, like the Corolla's would be nice because it needs a little more power.

Canadian Toyota Echo 5-DR Hatchback 2004
By wwhtbabp on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I saw it few year ago in Japan & was suprised that Toyota decided to bring it to Canada, but not to the US (sorry my American friends, so you know how I feel about the MR2 Spyder). I bought it mainly because it is a unique car (I live along the US/Canadian border). Handling & power are actually quite acceptable. With saving from its fuel economy, it won't be long till I can afford an American unique MR2 Spyder.