2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
Good CARS!
By DaJoy98 on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great cars but seem to be made of cheap plastic on the inside!

Echo 2001
By JamesDW on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Actually my Echo is a 2001 that I bough new 3 years ago. The car was bought mainly as a work car but have been so pleased with it that I use it for everything. Have just under 80K miles and still get 40 to 41 mpg overall. I drive the car hard and usually go at least 7 to 8K miles before oil changes and have never been able to stick to recommended maint. schedule. Even so, the car still runs as smoothly and nice as the day I bought it. When idling it's impossible to hear the motor from inside and most people swear it's not running at all. The ONLY problem I've had so far has been a burned out tail light bulb.

Fun Subcompact big value
By guye on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota fit, finish & reliability. Fun to drive and great on gas. Great in the city & on the highway. With the 5 speed manual gear this little car does real nice in the performance department too. For people with two young kids and need for just a bit of luggage or as a second car, this car is great! (5man/HB)

My favorite car ever
By Julie Harris on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Echo is perfect for me - superb gas mileage, classy look, extremely comfortable and fun to drive. Great head and leg room, even for the tall men in my life! All my friends rave about my "little big" car.

Best little darn car ever!
By curleytink on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car... wonderful on the highway.. perfect in the city.. able to park anywhere with ease... just the best for the price. I love my Echo.. and would like it better if some of the fancy stuff was upgraded.

Toyota ECHO
By clock on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Its a good car to get around town in. gas mileage is what primarily attracted me to it.I get an average of about 300 miles out of a tank in the city.The sound system is great,and provides enough oomph to please the ear.The car is pretty good with roominess for what you are getting.I'd say 4 adults can sit comfortably inside.This car has enough power to get up to the mid-90s comfortably, top speed, like110mph.It cruises on the highway pretty well, good amount of passing power.Its not a sports car,Handling: in a crosswind, it feels like the car is may want to drift.This is only at high speeds. A/C is decent, same with heat. LOTS of headroom.Good car!

Echo Hatchback Imported from Canada
By Locke on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our Echo 5 door hatchback from a dealer in Canada, and imported it to the U.S. Call your nearest Toyota dealer across the border for the "how to do this" details. The warranty is valid in the U.S. The Hatchback is NOT a Scion, and is really not an Echo. It is a European designed car (called the Yaris) that in Europe typically has a smaller engine. For import to Canada they put in the Echo engine. The performance is fabulous. 40MPG all the time in mixed driving. Seats 4 adults in comfort. It's 2 inches longer than a Mini, and has plenty of room in the trunk for carry-on suitcases or grocery bags. Seats fold down for bigger things.

I LOVE MY ECHO
By LOVEMYECHO on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I acturaly have a 2000 Echo that I bought used a year ago and could not be happier with it. I filled up today and got 34 MPG on my last tank of gas. When gas is $1.99 a galon that is a life saver! It is extremly reliable. There are tons of storage compartments inside and a very large trunk. I have driven midsize cars with less space than this little echo because the echo is so well designed.

echo
By george mcfly on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

its a good car!!!!

My puddle skipper
By puddle jumper on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this puddle skipper for 3 years. We purchased it when they first came out. I must say other than the interior a bit small we have had no problems with it. We now have over 75000 miles and it still runs great. A great little car for a kid thats off to college or for a fuel minded person. It even is ok on 500 mile trips for 3 people. We have done it with 4 but thats kinda tight.