2004 Toyota ECHO Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Echo - Consumer Reviews

2004 ECHO Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

Sort Reviews by

Good CARS!
By DaJoy98

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great cars but seem to be made of cheap plastic on the inside!

Favorite Features

Love how small it is and how I can almost drive through anything in it including snow in the mountains of NC

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be made better like using a much better plastic on the inside

Echo 2001
By JamesDW

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Actually my Echo is a 2001 that I bough new 3 years ago. The car was bought mainly as a work car but have been so pleased with it that I use it for everything. Have just under 80K miles and still get 40 to 41 mpg overall. I drive the car hard and usually go at least 7 to 8K miles before oil changes and have never been able to stick to recommended maint. schedule. Even so, the car still runs as smoothly and nice as the day I bought it. When idling it's impossible to hear the motor from inside and most people swear it's not running at all. The ONLY problem I've had so far has been a burned out tail light bulb.

Fun Subcompact big value
By guye

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota fit, finish & reliability. Fun to drive and great on gas. Great in the city & on the highway. With the 5 speed manual gear this little car does real nice in the performance department too. For people with two young kids and need for just a bit of luggage or as a second car, this car is great! (5man/HB)

Favorite Features

fuel economy & performance

Suggested Improvements

GPS, and RDS radio options would be nice!

My favorite car ever
By Julie Harris

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Echo is perfect for me - superb gas mileage, classy look, extremely comfortable and fun to drive. Great head and leg room, even for the tall men in my life! All my friends rave about my "little big" car.

Favorite Features

Stupendous gas mileage; adorable body; sleek console; most comfortable seats I've ever experienced.

Suggested Improvements

Doesn't come with a clock! I'd like a clock on the dash. Everything else is perfect.

Best little darn car ever!
By curleytink

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car... wonderful on the highway.. perfect in the city.. able to park anywhere with ease... just the best for the price. I love my Echo.. and would like it better if some of the fancy stuff was upgraded.

Suggested Improvements

Better seats! my biggest complaint is the poor seats and my poor back

Toyota ECHO
By clock

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Its a good car to get around town in. gas mileage is what primarily attracted me to it.I get an average of about 300 miles out of a tank in the city.The sound system is great,and provides enough oomph to please the ear.The car is pretty good with roominess for what you are getting.I'd say 4 adults can sit comfortably inside.This car has enough power to get up to the mid-90s comfortably, top speed, like110mph.It cruises on the highway pretty well, good amount of passing power.Its not a sports car,Handling: in a crosswind, it feels like the car is may want to drift.This is only at high speeds. A/C is decent, same with heat. LOTS of headroom.Good car!

Favorite Features

CD Player

Suggested Improvements

Some design improvements, Toyota please dont make this thing look like its got its rear end in the air. A little bit more power for the engine would be great, but its pretty good for such a light car

Echo Hatchback Imported from Canada
By Locke

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our Echo 5 door hatchback from a dealer in Canada, and imported it to the U.S. Call your nearest Toyota dealer across the border for the "how to do this" details. The warranty is valid in the U.S. The Hatchback is NOT a Scion, and is really not an Echo. It is a European designed car (called the Yaris) that in Europe typically has a smaller engine. For import to Canada they put in the Echo engine. The performance is fabulous. 40MPG all the time in mixed driving. Seats 4 adults in comfort. It's 2 inches longer than a Mini, and has plenty of room in the trunk for carry-on suitcases or grocery bags. Seats fold down for bigger things.

Favorite Features

Styling is uniquely European and very classy. Not at all like the Echo sedan. Great mileage. Incredible roominess. More legroom in rear seat than our Subaru Impreza. Very zippy and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

European models have option of power mirrors and windows. I don't care really.

I LOVE MY ECHO
By LOVEMYECHO

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I acturaly have a 2000 Echo that I bought used a year ago and could not be happier with it. I filled up today and got 34 MPG on my last tank of gas. When gas is $1.99 a galon that is a life saver! It is extremly reliable. There are tons of storage compartments inside and a very large trunk. I have driven midsize cars with less space than this little echo because the echo is so well designed.

Favorite Features

I like the instrument cluster in the center of the dash instead of being hid behind the steering wheel.

echo
By george mcfly

its a good car!!!!

Favorite Features

its cheap!!!!

Suggested Improvements

more choices of colors!!!!!

My puddle skipper
By puddle jumper

2004 Toyota ECHO Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this puddle skipper for 3 years. We purchased it when they first came out. I must say other than the interior a bit small we have had no problems with it. We now have over 75000 miles and it still runs great. A great little car for a kid thats off to college or for a fuel minded person. It even is ok on 500 mile trips for 3 people. We have done it with 4 but thats kinda tight.

Favorite Features

Dashbord set up, Fuel and sound system along with the front bucket seats very nice.

Suggested Improvements

interior a bit small on the over head and a tilt whell would be nice