Used 2004 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Echo - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota ECHO

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

My Echo
By Bob

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I use this vehilce to comute. It is comfortable and provides lots of space. I would buy another in a heartbeat. Good value for the money.

Favorite Features

Great gas milage. Good sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Electric locks and window. Needs a center arm rest for the front seats.

Great car, great mpg, great value
By sctam1007

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

After having SUVs, my concern was being able to haul stuff around. With the folding rear seats, I'm still able to haul 2X4's and other home improvement items. Great gas mileage (remember the SUVs). It feels much larger on the inside that what you would think. My husband is 6'4" and has plenty of head/leg room. We also have had 4 plus size people inside and still lots of room. I've found I can fit more into the trunk than I could in the "trunk" of my Jeep Liberty. I would recommend this car to anyone. It is a great value.

Favorite Features

Center dashboard, all the storage areas and the roomy trunk great gas mileage Overall the whole car is a favorite

Suggested Improvements

I wish dealers would keep more on the lot, thus ended up getting very basic models. More comfort items.

Unbeliveably dependable
By BeatleFan

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have over 100,000 miles on our Echo and still have the same spark plugs, coolant, battery, clutch...everything except 2 sets of tires and 1 set of brakes. Never had a minutes trouble out of this car, it still drives as well as the day we boughht it new and the fuel economy is awesome. We will definitely by another Echo in 2 years. YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THIS CAR!

Favorite Features

Distinctive dashboard, reliability and fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats and an available sportier version with sunroof and allow wheels would be a plus.

Milage as promised
By Cariade

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I commute 110 miloes a day and love my car. Gage placement takes a little getting used to but is really much better since nothing is ever blocking your viw of the gages

Favorite Features

Milage is by far the best part. Handles well also.

low TCO / reliable transporter
By Jo Jo the Monkey Boy

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a reliable car. Toyota has the "bullet proof" rep for quality - and Consumer Reports gave the Echo the highest quality rating of the low-end compact sedans. I am very pleased with the gas mileage - better than Kia, Hyundai, or Chevy Aveo - and I've really appreciated that with gas prices being so high this summer. I really don't car about styling, acceleration, handling - it's a good little car to get me to work. I don't want to spend time haggling with auto mechanics trying to rip me off and I think the Echo has the built-in quality to stay out of the shop.

Favorite Features

Great Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't try to improve it. It's a commuter car - why try to turn it into something it's not?