2004 Toyota ECHO - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
certified 2002 echo coupe beats corolla
By derkaiser on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

mine is an'02 certifiedcoupe/16k miles. the mileage rivals hybrids without the internalcomplexity.I love the styling/ interior room. my first Toyota, and looking forward to it.

Underestimated
By Alias Name on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife & I bought the Echo new in '01. My ego had inhibitions, but it was for her & I respected Toyota quality. I inherited a '97 Grand Prix GT. Although the Echo is a bit under-powered for my taste, I'd drive it over any car I've had. It's functional, fun & easy to drive, capable & economical. Edmunds latest review wasn't useful. It seemed they were evaluating it on standards it wasn't built for. If you want a gas- guzzling, gangly, glorified minivan (refering to SUV's), you won't be interested in a small car. We love it (including our 8-week old whose car seat fits great). And the crash test results Edmonds was so worried about later received 4 of 5 stars.

Driven Hard!
By trdecho1 on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is actually a 2000 5-speed sedan. Selection list did not go back past 2003. But I love mine, it has 64,000 miles and has not skipped a beat. It has been driven hard due to my lead foot! I run synthetic oil in engine and tranny. 0w-30 in the engine,and 75w-90 in the tranny. Helped alot with pickup and dealer put it in for me. I also run a aftermarket air filter, and took out the baffle in the air box. Put on different muffler, but not a cannon like all other imports, still quiet. I love out running honda's and ford's and getting better gas milage in the process. Would keep this car even if I won the lottery!

Great Little Car
By rk_man99 on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

A nice car with a good fuel economy, (rated top 10 in fuel economy, including hybrids) a lot of interrior storage and adequate trunk space.

Echo 2001
By JamesDW on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Actually my Echo is a 2001 that I bough new 3 years ago. The car was bought mainly as a work car but have been so pleased with it that I use it for everything. Have just under 80K miles and still get 40 to 41 mpg overall. I drive the car hard and usually go at least 7 to 8K miles before oil changes and have never been able to stick to recommended maint. schedule. Even so, the car still runs as smoothly and nice as the day I bought it. When idling it's impossible to hear the motor from inside and most people swear it's not running at all. The ONLY problem I've had so far has been a burned out tail light bulb.

Good CARS!
By DaJoy98 on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great cars but seem to be made of cheap plastic on the inside!

Fun Subcompact big value
By guye on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota fit, finish & reliability. Fun to drive and great on gas. Great in the city & on the highway. With the 5 speed manual gear this little car does real nice in the performance department too. For people with two young kids and need for just a bit of luggage or as a second car, this car is great! (5man/HB)

My favorite car ever
By Julie Harris on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Echo is perfect for me - superb gas mileage, classy look, extremely comfortable and fun to drive. Great head and leg room, even for the tall men in my life! All my friends rave about my "little big" car.

An ECHO to shout about!
By tallcooloneny on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 9th vehicle in 20 years of driving, and I must say, it is the BEST one so far. I am a TOYOTA convert thanks to my ECHO, with build quality better than a $40k Caddy....lol

Best little darn car ever!
By curleytink on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car... wonderful on the highway.. perfect in the city.. able to park anywhere with ease... just the best for the price. I love my Echo.. and would like it better if some of the fancy stuff was upgraded.