Used 2004 Toyota ECHO Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

The Perfect Car
By ltrack

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used, 9 years old with 170,000km. It runs smooth as can be and I must get +50MPG. 650km to a tank in city driving. This is a dream car.

Solid engine, transmission, components. Enough clearance to comfortably drive on back roads.

Fog-proof windows...

The best small car ever
By Amurtadi

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I made 103K KM since I bought it new for C$13000. I had no trouble with it at all. It is the best bang for the buck. Drives and handles very well. It is not very comfortable for long distance travel but you can drive it very comfortably for 100 mile with no hassle. Excellent leg room in the back seat for 6'4" tall person.

Neat dash, nice controls, 40 MPG, change oil every 8K or 6 months, 4 adults can sit comfortably I love that.

Change the position of the rear view mirror upwards

certified 2002 echo coupe beats corolla
By derkaiser

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

mine is an'02 certifiedcoupe/16k miles. the mileage rivals hybrids without the internalcomplexity.I love the styling/ interior room. my first Toyota, and looking forward to it.

seats are more comfortable than my Buick. few gimmicks/power locks,etc. to go out.huge trunk.

interior may be considered spartan by some, though I like it.

Reliable, High Gas Mileage Car
By John Phipps

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Echo is a great little car, which I paid $11,000 for one year ago. So far, after driving over 80,000 miles, there has been no unusual maintenance needed. The only things I have done is to replace the front tires and a pair of new windshield wipers, plus change the oil and filter a few times. My gas mileage started out just under 50 mpg and is now around 45 mpg (I need a tune up). My Echo is a 2-door, 5-speed with no frills. If you are looking for a low cost simple car that gets great gas mileage then the Echo should head you list.

Great little car
By dickrwh

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car. I average high 40's fuel economy in the city even though it is rated low 40's. My highway mileage is somewhat lower since I tend to drive too fast. It seems to have a natural highway speed resonance of about 80-85. I have sometimes found myself over 100 mpg.

Fuel economy and reliablity.

Make a small pickup or a hatchback version and all-wheel drive.