2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:
The Perfect Car
By ltrack on 10/21/13 19:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used, 9 years old with 170,000km. It runs smooth as can be and I must get +50MPG. 650km to a tank in city driving. This is a dream car.

The best small car ever
By Amurtadi on 05/04/08 17:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I made 103K KM since I bought it new for C$13000. I had no trouble with it at all. It is the best bang for the buck. Drives and handles very well. It is not very comfortable for long distance travel but you can drive it very comfortably for 100 mile with no hassle. Excellent leg room in the back seat for 6'4" tall person.

good
By federico fernandez on 12/28/04 20:47 PM (PST)

Very good conmuter car

certified 2002 echo coupe beats corolla
By derkaiser on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

mine is an'02 certifiedcoupe/16k miles. the mileage rivals hybrids without the internalcomplexity.I love the styling/ interior room. my first Toyota, and looking forward to it.

An ECHO to shout about!
By tallcooloneny on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 9th vehicle in 20 years of driving, and I must say, it is the BEST one so far. I am a TOYOTA convert thanks to my ECHO, with build quality better than a $40k Caddy....lol

Zippy Little Car
By InuRa on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My parents (i'm a high school student) were happy to get this car: cheap, slow acceleration, small, fuel- efficient. I like this car b/c I can easily pass someone, it's weird- lookin. Ppl can always tell where I am, b/c not too many ppl drive this car. The only prob: It's missing all the "basics". you're going to end up puttin a buttload of options in the car.

My Baby!!!!
By Glitter on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car!!! It's zippy, and it can fit into the smallest places.

Reliable, High Gas Mileage Car
By John Phipps on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My Echo is a great little car, which I paid $11,000 for one year ago. So far, after driving over 80,000 miles, there has been no unusual maintenance needed. The only things I have done is to replace the front tires and a pair of new windshield wipers, plus change the oil and filter a few times. My gas mileage started out just under 50 mpg and is now around 45 mpg (I need a tune up). My Echo is a 2-door, 5-speed with no frills. If you are looking for a low cost simple car that gets great gas mileage then the Echo should head you list.

Great little car
By dickrwh on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great little car. I average high 40's fuel economy in the city even though it is rated low 40's. My highway mileage is somewhat lower since I tend to drive too fast. It seems to have a natural highway speed resonance of about 80-85. I have sometimes found myself over 100 mpg.

It's a good car
By dickie on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota ECHO Coupe 2dr Coupe (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The car is cute on the outside, maybe moreso for girls, and the inside is very comfortable. I like the way the guages are set off to the side. After a couple days driving it, it actually becomes easier to glance sideways to see the speedomoter and the gas mileage is great. My only problem is on the interstate the wind from a semi will blow it sideways. Other than that, I love my echo.